Sunday, June 04, 2017

Sunshine and Shadows

It was still sunny when I headed out to work this morning. Started out doing carts, and went between bagging and gathering carts for the remainder of my shift. The weather ended up being the reverse of yesterday. By noon, dull gray clouds began to gather and the wind picked up, though it never got as chilly as yesterday morning. We were very busy all day with people coming out of church, beginning-of-the-month people, and folks who didn't get to their Memorial Day barbecues last week due to the weather.

I took advantage of the relatively decent day to take the long way home down Nicholson Road. Surprisingly, considering what the Acme looked like, the only traffic I ran into was around the Hispanic church. No problems the rest of the way home, not even at the Wal Mart entrance.

When I got in, I had a quick lunch while listening to the first disc of The Best of James Bond, one of the CDs I bought during vacation. As an older collection (from the early 90's), this only features theme songs up to License to Kill. There's some good ones, though, including a few surprises. Moonraker was never my favorite Bond movie - the space theme is really odd, even for this series. The title song isn't bad, though. Other themes I didn't expect to enjoy as much as I did included Matt Munroe's lovely From Russia With Love title song and Shirley Bassey's searing theme for Diamonds are Forever.

Spent the rest of the afternoon writing and doing things online. Leia, Charles, and Cedric make their way into Chalindria Court, grabbing Hux to tell them what happened to the others. As it turns out, Ahsoka, Cassian, and Jyn have already rescued Breha and Mon Mothma and are leading them out through the mansion's numerous secret passages. They drag Hux along to the Falcon, where Charles proceeds to drop him on a near-by pile of compost. After they get rid of him, Leia turns the Falcon around to Lothal, where they intend to meet up with Luke, Langdon, and Rusty at the hospital.

Broke around quarter of 6 to eat and bake. Had tuna salad on hot dog rolls with farm-market-fresh lettuce for dinner. For dessert, I added butterscotch chips to the Butterscotch Brownies from The Betty Crocker Cooky Book in place of walnuts. They really made the brownies a tad too sweet. I'll cut down on the sugar level next time I make these.

Listened to the other CDs I bought on vacation while I baked. Those Were the Days are two collection of songs from the late 20's through the mid-30's. I listened to the first one with all the late 20's material to cheer me up on an evening that continued to be gloomy. Favorites here included "Dream a Little Dream" and Ruth Etting's version of "Button Up Your Overcoat."

Returned to my laptop to print out pages from my bank account to show for my food stamp appointment tomorrow, since I have direct deposit and I don't get pay stubs. Trouble is...my printer never printed. I spent over an hour trying to get it to work, and it refused. It printed tests, but not what I wanted it to. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it, plugged it in and took the plug out, took it off wireless and put it on Ethernet. Nothing worked. It will not print. I hate this stupid wireless printer, and I have since my stepdad gave it to me. It's always been so darn complicated. It says it'll only print apps...and since you can't print from your phone, I have no idea what it means. I'm just going to have to hope that my bank statements are enough tomorrow.

No comments: