Saturday, March 16, 2019

Party With an Irish Flair

I didn't sleep well last night and consequently got up late this morning. Just had the time for breakfast and an episode of Man from Atlantis before running off to work. Mark becomes "The Naked Montague" when he's hit on the head during an underwater cave-in and somehow ends up in Verona, Italy in the middle of a squabble between the Capulets and the Montagues. He learns that Juliet and Romeo want to marry and unite their houses...but will he be able to change one of Shakespeare's most famous plays and let them go through with it? (And what the heck does this have to do with the rest of the show?)

Headed out a little bit early. I wanted to set up my key-lime mini donuts for the St. Patrick's Day employee luncheon we had today. While there wasn't as much left by the time I got back there, I was able to have kielbasa and a smoky sauerkraut, spinach dip, and corned beef and cabbage stew for lunch; saw a chowder there as well. Other desserts included vanilla cupcakes, chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting, pineapple upside-down cake, banana cake, pound cake, and brownie cups with crispy Italian cookies from the bakery.

Wish work was as much fun. It was nice when I was out doing carts...but we were really crazy for a lot of the day. They kept calling me inside and tossing me behind a register, even after it slowed down around 4. I finally spent the last hour dusting around the black metal shelves on either end of the aisles that display sale items.

And it was a nice day, when you could get out of the wild wind. While not nearly as warm as yesterday, it was far sunnier, and that sun was still quite warm. I'm surprised we were as busy as we were. I guess a lot of people want to celebrate the closest thing we've had to a major holiday in over a month, plus we have a lot of good sales this weekend.

Went right back to Man from Atlantis when I got home as I made a banana smoothie for a quick dinner. "C.W Hyde" is the show's second adaptation of classic literature in a row. This one, however, fits the show a bit better. C.W, Mark and Elizabeth's perpetually nervous boss, accidentally drinks a potion that turns him into an amoral (and hairy) monster...right when he's supposed to be remembering the combination for an explosive device. His other side sells off the combination to gangsters, who aren't overly happy about being double-crossed.

Tried to do a little bit of writing after I finished my smoothie. I was so tired, I didn't get far. Luke Weston lives in Tatoonie, a sleepy suburb of Coruscant. He's a college student who works in his uncle's hardware store, but what he really loves is comics book and building things.

Broke to take a shower at 8:30. Finished the night with Finian's Rainbow in honor of St. Patrick's Day tomorrow. I go into more detail about this odd Fred Astaire/Petula Clark fantasy on my Musical Dreams Movie Reviews blog.

Finian's Rainbow

No comments: