Friday, July 19, 2019

A Small Step for Goofs

Awoke to a hazy, sunny morning. Had breakfast and went through some of my cookbooks for cold dessert ideas while watching more Goof Troop. Pete's as surprised as anyone when his family's dog Chainsaw turns up with gold on her nose. He and Goofy dig for gold and end up exploring caves under their town. It may just end up being "Fool's Gold" when these two fools can't decide who should own it.

Pete's determined to make Max's cat Waffles a star in "Cat's Entertainment." He convinces Goofy to sign him over so he can star in a series of cat food commercials...but not only do Goofy and Max miss their pet, but Pete discovers that the payment isn't what it's cracked up to be.

Goofy wants to teach the boys about the importance of recycling in "Waste Makes Haste" and turns his backyard into a recycling plant. Pete thinks it's crazy...until he learns that a millionaire lost a pair of gold booties in his recycling and insists on becoming Goofy's partner.

"The Ungoofables" is another Goofy family ancestor spoof, this one of gangster stories like The Untouchables. In order to explain to Max why even the smallest responsibilities are important, Goofy tells Max the story of Elliot Goof, who brought down gangster Peg and her hench-cat Pete with his knowledge of ice.

Started out as soon as the episode ended. First stop on a hideously hot, humid day was the Oaklyn Library. Needless to say on a hot day, it was just me and the librarians. A few folks came in to chat with them while I organized the DVDs and used the bathroom.

I wanted to make the fewest stops possible, so I combined lunch and shopping and ate at the Starbucks in the Westmont Target. I came in just in time. A group of older teens arrived just after I'd ordered my blackberry-blueberry tea lemonade and tomato-mozzarella sandwich. The sandwich was divine, dripping with thick cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, and pesto. The lemonade was....well, too lemony. I tasted lemons and tea, but not really blackberries. 

I was really there to pick up sugar. I'd normally get it at Dollar General, where it's slightly cheaper, but I wasn't running all the way over there today. Grabbed paper towels too, which were also cheap there.

Haddon Township Library was the next stop. Unlike Oaklyn, they were busy. The DVD carts were so full, I was only able to get the children's titles done. Got them all on the racks too, with room to spare. With the kids out of school and the weather being too hot to play outside, a lot of parents probably took out movies to keep them amused. I have no idea what my schedule will be like next week and stuck to taking out Goof Troop Volume 2 and He's a Bully, Charlie Brown, although I did fish the notoriously cheesy 80's sci-fi movie Krull out of the DVD sale box. (Surprisingly, despite my fondness for cheesy space opera, I've never seen that movie, not even as a kid.)

Figured it would be cooler to take the long way home across Newton Lake Park. I dodged quite a few people jogging or fishing under shady trees. While they're still having problems with oxygen-choking plants on either side, dredging has gotten rid of most of the algae. The park was beautiful, green and gold, even in the wilting heat. I took the path over the hill, past the Haddon Township Environmental Center and Museum and a lovely field of black-eyed Susan's and Queen Anne's Lace. 

As soon as I got home, I had a drink, grabbed my laundry, and went right back out. I couldn't put it off, heat or no heat. I needed clean work clothes. I should do the laundry during a heat wave more often. They were dead the entire 45 or so minutes I was there. I think I saw maybe three people. My load wasn't very big, anyway. I worked on story notes and half-listened to local news and Ellen.

When I got in, I put everything away, then worked on writing. Even as Patricia says she still loves her husband and thinks she can get him out of Palpatine's grasp, Luke and Rudy arrive on the dilapidated porch of one Yoda Yamagochi. Luke can't believe that a great Jedi Master lives in a little shack on the edge of a swamp. Rudy goes around back to see if he can find him, while Luke keeps trying at the door. He feels a strange presence...like he's being watched...

Broke for dinner at 6:30. Finally got rid of the last of the 4th of July leftovers while watching one more Goof Troop episode. Pete still has making money on the brain. His latest scheme is starting his own newspaper to promote his used car dealership in "All the Goof That's Fit to Print." They don't sell very many copies when the boys tell only what happens in their neighborhood. He encourages them to exaggerate...which ends with a photo of Pete crossed with a monster photo on the cover. Goofy and Pete have to retrieve the papers before people think Pete's a mutant.

Finished the night with Lego Star Wars. Finally completed the blue minikit challenge for "Discover On Kamino"; also completed the short boss rounds "Count Dooku" and "General Grievous." Tried "Retake Theed Palace," "Droid Factory," and "Gunship Calvary," but had no luck. "Calvary" was nothing short of a pain in the rear. One of the bomb-creating machines wouldn't work, and I had to go all the way back to the previous bomb machine to blow up not only the pylons guarding the next area, but the blue piece, too. I'm going to look up more of these online and see if I can figure out how to do these. 

No comments: