Thursday, July 11, 2019

Stormy Weather

Kicked off an early and very cloudy and humid morning with work. This time, everything went fine. I spent the first half of the morning rounding up carts and the second half shelving a full cart of loose items, sweeping, bagging, and cleaning the bathroom. We were steady but not really busy, and there were no major problems whatsoever.

Dark clouds were converging overhead, even as I rushed home from work. The storm arrived about an hour after I started writing. The thunderstorms have been off and on since then, including one noisy and heavy one around 7, when I was playing video games.

Tried to work on my Facebook page when I got home, but I have no idea where to take it next, and I get so distracted! I'll start out writing or looking at my page, and I'll end up looking up something on Wikipedia or find a link that looks interesting, and sooner or later, a whole hour's flown by. I did manage to get some writing in. Harris takes off with Leia, Charlie, and Chewie...for five whole minutes. They end up back on the road when his flying apparatus and turbo engines refuse to work. He does manage to dodge the vans and Stingrays belonging to the Shadow Men, Vader's mooks before heading for Takodana, the home of an old friend of his.

Since I started early, I broke for dinner early, at 5:30. Ran an episode of Goof Troop while finally eating that panzarotti Jodie gave me last week. It's "Midnight Movie Madness" when Max drags PJ to a showing of a slasher flick, despite Goof's worries that Max won't handle it well. He was right - Max does freak out, even though he won't admit it. Pete teasingly tells them that the story was real, then pretends to be the slasher in the movie...but Goof's the one who ends up scaring everyone when he's accidentally locked out of his house in the rain.

Moved on to a long Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga session after dinner. I was almost done with "Jabba's Palace" anyway. Just needed one piece that was in the very beginning of the round. "Speeder Showdown," "Great Pit of Carkoon," and "Battle of Endor" took much longer. "Showdown" took so long, I missed a piece. Did manage to complete the other two, though. Got the Super Ewok Catapult, Regenerating Hearts, and x8 extras (though it'll be a while before I can afford the last-named).

Finished the night with Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again. I go into more details on the sequel to Mamma Mia! from last year at my Musical Dreams Movie Reviews blog.

Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again

No comments: