Saturday, July 20, 2019

The Morning Report

Kicked off another hazy, sunny morning with breakfast and more Goof Troop. PJ and Max are excited to be out of school in "To Heir Is Human," but their excitement dims quickly when Pete recruits PJ to sell cars in his store. He claims he's deathly ill, but what he really wants to do is go fishing. Goofy and Max get in on things and believe Pete is sick, too, especially after his attempts to do a series of stunts for his commercials. Peg knows better and plots with Goofy and the boys to teach her husband a lesson.

Left for work a little early to get my schedule. I wasn't happy with it. Not only do I not have another day off until next Friday, but I was only listed for an hour on Tuesday! I wasn't the only one who was upset. I heard at least two other employees complain that their hours were wonky. I was able to increase my hours on Tuesday to four...which actually gives me slightly more hours than I have been getting lately.

Today's shift didn't go much better. I ended up in the register at least three times, twice to go in for breaks. I don't know what they were worried about up front. We were never more than mildly steady all day. The carts were bad up until the last hour; every time I'd try to get them done, I'd just get called back in. Good thing more help came in later, and the head bagger was around all day.

Had some grocery shopping to do when I finished. The Acme is having a big sale on chicken; took advantage of this to restock my ground chicken. Grabbed turkey bacon on sale, too. Almond milk was on a decent enough sale for me to give it a try. Turkey Hill is $1.99 this weekend; picked up their Triplepolitan Vanilla and the Acme's lemonade soda for a lemon cream float later. There was a good sale on grapes, too. Restocked peaches, blueberries, graham crackers, Belvita cookies, yogurt, honey, brown sugar, and chocolate chips.

As soon as I got home and put everything away, I had my sweet and cooling lemonade cream float while switching to Volume 2 of Goof Troop. Max and PJ don't want to be "Hallo-weenies" when they volunteer to spend the night in the old mansion Pete bought to turn into a bed-and-breakfast. Their fathers join them when their sons come home screaming about ghosts. Turns out that the ghosts of a trio of 20's jazz musicians are bored and decide to have a little fun with their fathers. The ghost of Goofy's spook-busting ancestor gives the boys tips to get rid of them.

Worked on writing for a while, despite it being deadly hot in my room. (The air conditioner was on, but air doesn't really circulate well in this apartment.) Luke and Rudy are fed up with looking for Yoda. Rudy goes to find him in his yard, while Luke looks for a map in his car. He has a feeling of being watched...when he turns around and sees a cackling old man with long ears and slightly greenish skin making jokes and asking him to help behind him. Luke doesn't know what to make of this fellow, but he'll turn out to be far more helpful than he believes...

Broke for dinner at quarter after 6, when I couldn't stand the heat anymore. Finally finished off the 4th of July leftovers while watching more Goof Troop. PJ is thrilled when his father asks him to join him in the town's tub-racing marathon in "Tub Be or Not Tub Be." Turns out Pete only wants to use him to spy on Goofy and Max's entry. PJ sets out to make amends, even when the Goofs accuse him of cheating.

Moved to Lego Star Wars after dinner. Finally completed the blue minikit challenges for "Retake Theed Palace," "Ruin of the Jedi," "Droid Factory," and "Gunship Calvary." Also did the fairly short "Battle of Coruscant" and "Darth Vader" boss round. This completes Phantom Menace except for the super story. Tomorrow, I'm going to see if I can finish up the prequels and move on to New Hope.

Finished the night after a much-needed shower with the original 1994 The Lion King. I go into more detail on one of Disney's biggest hits at my Musical Dreams Movie Reviews blog.

The Lion King (1994)

No comments: