Thursday, July 18, 2019

Goofs In the Rain

Kicked off a cloudy morning with breakfast and Goof Troop. Pete convinces the mayor to hire "Inspector Goofy" so his car lot will pass inspection. Goofy, however, really takes his advice on giving citations and gives Pete so many infractions, he ends up shutting him down. Now Pete has to find a new job, while getting Goofy away from his.

Tried to focus on looking up website designers this morning, but as usual, I just got distracted and looked up Hollywood history instead. Jessa gave me an interesting idea yesterday - put my reviews on YouTube. YouTube is saturated with reviews, but it might work to advertise my blog and the movies I discuss. I could do previews early in the month of the movies I intend to review, or videos of the musicals used for a theme or week. There's one big problem with this one at the moment - I don't have and can't afford the editing equipment, nor do I know how to use it. Once again, this will require more research.

Broke for a quick yogurt-and-tomato and cucumber-salad lunch around 11. Ate and got ready for work while continuing Goof Troop. Max and PJ are obsessed with becoming hard rock stars in "Shake, Rattle, and Goof." Goofy and the boys are having fun playing in the garage, while Pete takes over as their manager. Even he thinks he's out of their league when a slimy agent changes their image and music. Goof and Pete have to figure out a way to get the boys out of their contracts when they realize the grasping agent is squeezing all the fun out of playing.

The clouds were growing increasingly dark, and it was still hot and murderously humid. I rushed to work as fast as I could. I did gather carts when I got in, but I was long inside by the time the storm rolled in around quarter of 2. Work was a lot less fun after that. I tried to get some returns done and return to the carts, but I kept ending up in the registers. Spent my last hour and a half mopping up two huge puddles that formed after a freezer broke and overflowed. (The manager of the frozen food department wasn't happy, either. Evidently, all the novelty ice creams he had in that freezer defrosted, stuck to the shelves, and had to be thrown away.)

Thankfully, the rain was long gone by the time I hurried home (and to my knowledge, hasn't returned since). I had a snack and worked on writing when I got in. Ahsoka calls her boss Chief Darren Vedder in her squad car and tells him that she didn't see anyone on the road...and then calls her other boss, Patricia "White Queen" Amidala. Patricia wants her to keep an eye on Luke and Rudy and make sure they get to Yoda. Patricia knows who Luke really is and is hoping he'll be the savior of the Rebel League. Ahsoka knows she's also aware of who Vedder is, but she's not sure even the White Queen can override Palpatine's hold on the Father of Death.

Had leftovers for dinner while watching more Goof Troop. Pete is "Terminal Pete" after a collision with a familiar gopher leaves him believing he only has days left to live. Peg, Goofy, and the kids have to save him from himself when he rushes off to Hollywood to be a stuntman.

Didn't have much luck with Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga tonight. I played six rounds, and the only blue minkit challenge I completed was the very short "Jedi Battle," and that literally just as the clock switched to zero. I'd find 8 or 9 pieces, but would pass or not be able to find the last one. I'll probably have to look most of them up online or on YouTube.

Finished the night after a shower with We're Not Dressing. I go into more detail on this tropical-set vehicle for Bing Crosby and Carole Lombard at my Musical Dreams Movie Reviews blog.

We're Not Dressing

No comments: