Thursday, July 25, 2019

Busy Summer

Kicked off a sunny morning with more Peanuts. The He's a Bully, Charlie Brown DVD comes with an episode of The Charlie Brown and Snoopy Show from the mid-80's. Only the first segment, with Lucy making Linus and Snoopy help out in her garden, and the last, with Snoopy taking over from Chuck briefly as manager of the baseball team, have anything to do with summer. The other two consist of gags with Re-Run on the back of his mother's bicycle (most of which would be reused in I Want a Dog For Christmas, Charlie Brown) and Linus mailing his blanket to himself when his blanket-hating grandmother visits, only to panic when it doesn't appear in the mailbox.

Work was pretty much the same deal as yesterday. I once again spent most of it outside, trying to round up carts. They're still rearranging the store. A lot of people are starting to complain, including employees. They get in the way, don't tell the managers what they're doing or rearranging, and use up too many carts that paying customers need. I swept the store and did a few returns after the head bagger arrived, then went right back outside. At least it was a nice day for it. It was a little hotter and more humid than yesterday, but still nothing like last weekend.

Went straight home, then changed, rounded up my library DVDs and purse, and went right back out. I had a few things to do today, starting with lunch at the Westmont Bagel Shop. Despite it being an hour from closing, their was a fairly long line of teenagers ordering sandwiches. I went with a tuna melt and tomato paninni and a Snapple Peach Tea. The tuna melt was enormous and absolutely refused to stay on the bread. It ended up being a very tasty mess.

Stopped at Target next. I needed pads rather badly. They were even less busy than the Acme had been earlier in the morning. I got my pads, paid for them, took out money for tomorrow and Saturday, washed my hand and arm when I discovered they were sticky, and got out.

The main reason I was in Westmont was to hit the Haddon Township Library. They were a little busier with people looking for something to do in the afternoon heat. The kids' DVD titles were overflowing. I discovered why when half of them wouldn't fit in the racks. I had fewer problems with the much smaller stack of adult titles.

I took out a few movies myself for the first time in weeks. Along with the second half of Goof Troop, the library just got Lego Movie: The Second Part in. I'm dying to see that. Also grabbed the Oscar-winning animated film Spider Man: Into the Spiderverse and the 1976 version of A Star Is Born. (The latter is for review on my Musical Dreams blog, probably on Tuesday.)

Took the long way home across Newton Lake Park. It was too nice not to! Dodged a lot of fishermen and kids out for a stroll as I headed past the emerald green grass and waving leaves. There were bright orange cones set up in front of the path going to the Haddon Township Historical and Environmental Center, but it wasn't really that bad, mainly a few sticks and debris leftover from that storm on Monday. Stopped at WaWa really quick to get their bottled mocha cappuccino and make change.

When I got home, I thought I'd see if I needed to pay my college loan. I'd gotten forbearance, but I thought it ended this month. To my horror, it ended last month...and I ended up taking money out of my savings account to pay for both and just getting another forbearance. I'm so frustrated.

Tried to cheer myself up with some writing, at least when I could make myself focus. Maz tells Leia she's seen her eyes before - in a pair of superheroes from the 1950's, the White Lady and the Hero With No Fear. Leia reveals that yes, they're her parents. She was told that her father died with the other Jedi Knights when their powers were outlawed, but intentionally doesn't mention what happened to her mother...

It was almost 7 before I broke for dinner. Had leftover burgers and defrosted frozen broccoli for dinner while watching more Goof Troop. Pete gets really paranoid in "For Pete's Sake" when he gets what looks like a cut-and-paste note from Goofy that claims he's going to kill him. It's really saying he's going to replace his Swiss army hedge clipper. Pete spends his time trying to hide from Goofy, while Max and his family just wonder why he's acting even stranger than usual.

Moved to Lego Star Wars after I ate. Finished the blue minikit challenge for "Bounty Hunter Pursuit," which completes Attack of the Clones. Had no luck with "Chancellor In Peril," "Death Star Attack," or "Rescue the Princess." I'm probably going to have to look up most of the longer later rounds.

Ended the night with Moulin Rouge! in honor of the stage version opening on Broadway tomorrow. I go into more detail on this colorful tragic romance at my Musical Dreams Movies Reviews blog.

Moulin Rouge! (2001)

No comments: