Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Good Day Sunshine

Began the morning with early work. It was quiet for most of the day. I did clean the bathrooms, took the recycling from the front offices to the back baler, rounded up outside trash and recycling, and sweep the store, but I was mostly outside gathering carts. The carts kept disappearing, but that's because people were using them to do inventory. It was too nice to be inside anyway. The sun was out, the sky was blue, the breeze was cool, and there wasn't a bit of humidity to be seen.

Took the long way home down Nicholson Road. It couldn't have been nicer. I got off at 2, so the traffic wasn't too horrible yet. The gardens on Nicholson and the bright yellow wildflowers and goldenrod along the hill into Oaklyn glow with a dusty yellow richness that can't be found at any other time of year.

Spent the rest of the afternoon working on my almost-finished fanfic. The entire group winds up walking through the door and back into Studio 33 at Television City. Brett lets her mother's instincts take over and takes charge of the group, ordering the others to get Richard elevated on the lower desks, untie him, and clean the grotesque clown makeup off his face. Fannie cleans him off, then slaps his cheeks until he's moving. Of course, the first thing he sees on awakening is her considerable cleavage. She knows he's fine when he starts making boob jokes in a British accent.

Broke for dinner at 6. Had leftovers while watching more Resistance. Kaz and the crew are frustrated by the ship's Captain Doza rationing their electricity. He learns that Doza may be purchasing more fuel from the First Order, including red-clad Major Vonreg. He encourages a cocky racer, the aptly-named Hype Fazon, to let him up into "The High Tower," where officials and other wealthy Colossus residents live. Kaz does manage to find out what Doza and Vonreg are doing with the fuel, but now Doza suspects him to be a spy.

It was such a nice night, I went for a walk around 6:30. It was too nice to be inside all day! I was originally going to have ice cream at Phillies Yummies, but it looks like they're done on weekdays. I treated myself to a massive cinnamon bun at Common Grounds' Coffee Shop. I sat among college students and teenagers who were doing work on their laptops and ate my flaky pastry and really too-sweet cinnamon insides.

After my dessert, I went for a stroll around the neighborhood. It was gorgeous on Kendall, with the leaves waving in the breeze and the gardens bursting with marigolds and mums. I was far from the only person out and about. Parents pushed their children in strollers or accompanied younger girls on their way out of dance class. Older girls chatted around The Square Meal and Phillies Phatties. Kids rode by me on their bikes; adults chatted on porches and in gardens.

Finished the night at home, playing Super Mario All Stars. Thought I'd try something a little different tonight. Attempted the original Super Mario Bros first. I was able to take the infamous Warp Zone to Level 3, but got no further than Level 3-4. Didn't do much better with Super Mario 2. I made it to the last round of Level 1, but couldn't get past the villain.

No comments: