Thursday, November 03, 2022

Dolls and Eagles

Started off the morning with breakfast and Charlie & Lola. Lola and Lotta say "We Promise Honestly We Can Look After Your Dog" when they insist on watching Sizzles, Marv's beloved dachshund, while the boys play soccer. They have fun at first, but when Sizzles breaks off his leash, the girls can't find him anywhere...and then find him and another dog who looks like him and have to figure out which is which.

Switched to Match Game '75 next. Gossip queen Rona Barrett appeared on a week later in the year, along with Clifton Davis and Betty White. The first episode had Gene and the others making several jokes when the male contestant wears a suit in a rust color that's almost identical to Gene's. The second features a question near the end that asks who Richard Dawson married. Rona said Raquel Welch, but everyone else went with Charles or Brett. This is hilarious if you know the show. Richard and Brett were seasoned spotlight stealers and supposedly didn't get along. From what I've gathered, Richard did get along better with Charles, but Charles was gay, and Richard wasn't. 

Dusted my rooms quickly after breakfast, then took down the Halloween decorations and put up what I have for Thanksgiving. The two upright pilgrims, the porcelain Native bear and turkey salt and pepper shakers, the tiny stuffed pilgrim mouse, the wooden hanging plaque, and the detailed turkey candle were yard sale finds. Jodie gave me the stuffed pilgrim girl bear, three stuffed turkeys, and the pilgrim and Native miniatures after Dad died. Picked up my Webkinz turkeys Plymouth and Mayflower from gift shops. 

It took me so long to find the canister with the miniatures, I didn't get going until nearly 1:30. Made my first brief stop at the Haddon Township Library. I dropped the books on handling money in the slots and hurried out.

Since it's just down the hill from the Library, I walked to the Westmont Diner. Pretty similar to the Colonial Diner, with a less striking exterior and a warmer interior. Had the "Power Omelet," an egg white omelet with spinach, mushrooms, real turkey, and lots of Swiss cheese, while listening to older couples trade quips with the waitress. Oh yum. So much cheese, it came out in strings, and the turkey pieces were big and juicy. The sourdough toast was thick and doughy, and went nicely with orange marmalade. 

It took me so long in the bathroom, I got a later start to Target than I planned. I just needed vitamins there. Saw a small real pumpkin for $1.99 mixed in with the Halloween decorations. It had a mottled yellow-orange color that I thought would make a nice replacement for the larger pie pumpkin on the front room table that got moldy.

Went to Starbucks for a cold drink, but that may have been a mistake. By quarter after 3, a long line of students from Haddon Township and Paul VI Catholic High School down the road waited for their own cold drinks and treats. The Pumpkin Spice Frappucino was ok when I finally got it. The pumpkin spice did mask the coffee bitterness somewhat, but it came out really watery. 

At least the weather remains gorgeous. It was sunny, breezy, and really too warm for this time of year, almost in the mid-70's. It did make riding around a pleasure. I took the long way down to Newton Lake Park, just to enjoy the sunshine a little longer.

Headed home after I finally got out. Dressed the dolls for cooler November weather (when we get it) soon as I made it in. Molly, Samantha, and Josefina are in the outfits they originally came in. Samantha wears her mauve checked dress with the black stockings and boots from Rebecca's School Outfit. Molly pairs her argyle sweater and blue skirt with saddle shoes. Traded the short-sleeved camisa (shift) that came with Josefina's red and brown skirt for her longer-sleeved original nightgown. 

Jessa keeps it simple in cargo pants, a gray American Girl t-shirt, navy hoody, turquoise sneakers, and magenta and turquoise striped socks. Whitney got to try on the white dress with the scarlet flower print and attached shrug I picked up from the American Girl resale store back in August and borrowed white t-straps from Molly. She wears her white lace-trimmed crinoline under it for more flair. Ariel is in a teal peasant blouse with a square neck and dark blue trim Lauren found in her area, beaded bell bottom jeans that look 70's but are really from the 2003 modern meet outfit, and boots from one of Julie's outfits. The mini dress with the white top and knitted orange, brown, and pink chevron skirt is really too big for Barbara Jean, but I put it on her anyway. She did look rather cute in it and a pair of hot pink tights.

Ran The Court Jester as I worked. I go further into one of Danny Kaye's best vehicles that also features Angela Lansbury in an early role as a strong-willed princess at my Musical Dreams Movie Reviews blog.


Spent the next few hours finally finishing Change of Blank. Ross bursts into laughter when the duo start teasing each other about their Halloween costumes for the upcoming show. He thinks they're hilarious. Brett appreciates it so much, she invites him bar-hopping with them. Ross says it's nice of her to offer, but he just wants to go to bed. He heads out, and Brett and Charles leave arm in arm for the nearest place with liquid libations. 

Once again, this took longer than I planned, especially for something that ended up super-short. No idea what I'm going to do next. We are coming up on the holidays. I may return to Wild Wild Blank. I may do a Nutcracker or Christmas Carol Match Game story. I may start the other long fantasy I have planned for The Wizard of Oz. We'll see how I feel tomorrow. 

At any rate, if you need a quick read, here's Change of Blank for your enjoyment!


I had such a hard time focusing, I didn't break for dinner until 7:30. Had leftovers while watching Match Game '77. I'm surprised the contestant didn't call Roz Kelly first for "__ On It" in the Audience Match. This was the height of Fonzie's popularity as the coolest guy on TV, after all...

Finished the night working on my review while watching the Eagles-Texans game on Amazon Prime. The Eagles didn't play their best against a team that's currently considered to be among the worst in the NFL. Of course, I saw the wrong half. I switched to the Match Game chat premieres on YouTube at 10...and missed the Eagles quickly doubling their score. They usually play better in the second half anyway. Finally took down Houston 29-17, making the Eagles 8-0 for the first time in their history. 

No comments: