Tuesday, November 01, 2022

'Til the Clouds Roll By

Kicked off the morning with breakfast and Charlie & Lola. Lola wants to "Say 'Cheese!'" for her class picture, and do it while remaining neat and tidy. Lola's an active and forgetful six-year-old, however, and it's tough for her to refrain from walking in puddles and not getting paint on her face. Charlie finally finds a way to make a really good - and clean - picture of her.

Spent the next hour or so writing. Charles intervenes, reminding Brett that they're there to play, no matter what she thinks of the host. Brett still wishes Gene were there, along with many of their own friends, and says Ross really can't keep order. Ross once again reminds her he's new at hosting and is doing the best he can.

Broke at 12:30 to head to work. I wish I hadn't. Between the Phillies game, the beginning of the month, and this being Senior Discount Day, we were busy almost the entire evening. I just couldn't deal with all the fussing people. I'd get flustered when I'd have to wait for a manager to help with something, or the line wasn't moving the way it should have. I just get so frustrated. I can't help apologizing. I feel bad because things aren't doing what they're supposed to do. People claim I'm being too hard on myself, but I don't really feel like I am. It's so overwhelming when there's a long line and people fussing over the bags or the soda sales or the prices. They always think we're cheating them and never trust that we know what the price is and how to do our jobs. 

And, of course, they pulled me about an hour before I was done to do carts. Only to pull me inside five minutes later to clean up sushi someone spilled. And then pulled me in 15 minutes before I was done to go in for someone's break. And then I was almost late because my last customers complained about something not coming off and kept taking items off when they didn't need to and I had to call a manager.

(At least the weather got nice for pushing carts. The clouds lingered this morning, but they vanished even as I rode to work. By the time I got outside, the sun had come out, and it was a little too warm for the time of year, in the upper 60's.)

Needless to say, I rushed home fast as I could after that. Went straight into dinner and Match Game '77. Patty Duke shows why she won an Oscar by taking over for Gene and reading a question towards the end of the episode, and really enjoying herself. Richard had more trouble with "Much __" in the Head to Head. There's also several jokes about a very big former automobile worker and what he could do if they miss his answers! 

Finished the night online with The Book of Life. I go further into this vibrant animated fairy tale set on the Day of the Dead at my Musical Dreams Movie Reviews blog.


(Oh, and the Phillies not only won tonight, they blanked the Astros 7-0.)

No comments: