Awoke at 7 PM...and called out. There was one thing I wanted to do, but I mostly wanted to rest up for my 8 1/2 hour day tomorrow. Not to mention, my heel is still pretty sore.
Got my schedule before I left. While I do have fewer hours next week, including a normal 9 to 1 on Wednesday, that'll give me the chance to rest my heel. I'm less happy about another 8 and a 1/2 hour workday next Saturday. I dread tomorrow and next week.
The one thing I wanted to do was go grocery shopping. I could have gone to one of the Acmes, but I decided to stick to my original plan for today. Called Uber to get me to Shop Rite in Cherry Hill. The Uber going there arrived in 10 minutes. The one going home came in 13 and cost a bundle, but it took me forever to find anyone willing to take me home at the start of rush hour. Other than running into traffic on Cuthbert Road going home, there was no trouble either way.
In fact, I heard from Cooper Hospital in the Uber going to Cherry Hill. They were able to get me in next Tuesday. It's at 9:30 AM, still pretty early, but it's also in Moorestown. I'll get to see the huge new hospital attached to the Moorestown Mall.
Shop Rite was really busy today...and seemed even more huge. They have so much stuff in there! I grabbed oatmeal cookies on sale and thought I'd try a small coconut cream pie in a plastic container. Restocked yogurt, blueberries, plums, granola, oat milk (it's really cheap there), and probiotic soda. Found heel pads for the backs of your shoes that I hope will help reduce friction on my sore heel. Grabbed PopCorners and a roast beef hoagie for lunch. (And I'm glad I called out of work. It was sunny, humid, and very hot today, without a shred of breeze. Pushing carts in that would not have been fun. It'll be bad enough tomorrow.)
Put everything away when I got home, then watched Remember WENN while I ate lunch. Most of the cast is excited when big-time Broadway producer Adrian Carr (Julian Glover) produces a nighttime version of their daytime soap Valiant Journey. Unfortunately, an accident with a microphone boom leaves Hilary thinking she's "Hilary Booth, Registered Nurse" right before the broadcast. Betty has to bring Hilary around without Carr finding out...and without the help of Victor Comstock, who is leaving to broadcast in war-torn London.
"Valentino Speaks" when director Ted E. Peck (Simon Jones) insists on the cast dubbing a lost Valentino film. He's so impressed with Jeff, he convinces him to finish the movie. Jeff thinks he's going to be a huge Hollywood star, but it turns out movie acting is a lot harder than it looks. (Incidentally, the "lost" Valentino movie seen here was Valentino's last film Son of the Sheik.)
"A Capitol Idea" introduces roguish con-man Scott Sherwood (Kevin O'Rourke), whom Victor apparently sent to replace him as head station manager. Scott begins by bringing so many sponsors into the shows, he basically invents informercials. Betty's furious, but the others are willing to go along with it, until they realize they'll be making nothing off their commissions from the sponsors and turn the tables.
Honestly, I had no idea what to watch after that. I put on the 1986 BBC miniseries version of Alice In Wonderland before switching to Match Game '76. No semi-regular did better in his first week than George Kennedy. He ended up being one of the show's best players, matching more often than not. Gene Rayburn would be happier if Betty White and Lee Merriweather left his pants legs and socks alone.
Finished up with the rest of Alice. On one hand, I'm glad they went for a miniseries with this. It honestly works better with the episodic structure than a movie does. There's some flat but lovely sketchy backgrounds, especially when Alice is wandering around in the garden before meeting the Queen of Hearts. This is also a musical, with some dreamy, meandering songs. Not bad, but beware of the sometimes grotesque costumes, especially for the Queen of Hearts and Mock Turtle.
No comments:
Post a Comment