Called Uber after the cartoon ended. I was going to go grocery shopping after work, and I thought it would be easier to carry food home in a car. Unfortunately, I called too late. They took 12 minutes to arrive, and I barely got in one minute late. They took 14 minutes going home at 1:30.
Work was a pain in the rear. Someone dropped a 6-pack of mini cans of Coke on the floor. Thank heavens they were small cans. It wasn't a big spill, but that and bringing unwanted crab claws back to the seafood department put me behind in carts. No help today, either. The older man spent the morning scrubbing the produce displays. At least the weather was gorgeous for all the running around. It was breezy, sunny, and dry, barely in the 80's.
Not happy with my schedule next week at all. In good news, it's mostly four-hour shifts except for next Saturday, and that's a normal six hours. In bad news, only two days off again. I don't know why I'm getting all these hours. We're usually dead in August. It's not the head bagger. She works regular hours this week. I'm guessing they're still in cleaning mode.
I did do my grocery shopping after work. Restocked blueberries, yogurt, granola bars, sliced Swiss cheese, tuna, and probiotic soda. Bags of Bear Naked Granola were $3.99 each if you bought two. Decided to try what Acme calls their "dot cakes," round plastic containers layered with whipped cream and cake and topped with sprinkles.
When I got home, I changed, put everything away, and went back out on the bike. My first stop was the Westmont for lunch. Needless to say, they were quiet by almost 3 PM. I think I saw one or two other old men eating there. I had three deliciously fluffy blueberry pancakes with cinnamon butter and very tasty thick, chewy, crunchy bacon.
Stopped at Sprouts to do the rest of my shopping. I found large bags of leftover dried cranberries from the bulk bins for $1.09 each! Bakery sugar cookies weren't on sale, but I like theirs better than the Acme's. I got sugar cookies. Also grabbed oat milk and nectarines. The Acme had been relatively busy when I was shopping earlier, but despite it being the start of rush hour by then, Sprouts wasn't bad.
Watched Remember WENN as I put everything away. Betty's wondering "Who's Scott Sherwood?" after Victor's revelations and her discovery of his letter of recommendation in the previous episode. So is Rollie Pruitt (Jonathan Freeman), the nasty, miserly financier from the second-season episode "Christmas In the Airwaves." He returns with an audit that leads to Scott being fired. The others rally to his defense, but Betty wonders if he's worth it, especially after she discovers the extent of his lie about how he got his station manager job.
"The New Actor" has Jeff leaving the station for war-torn London to pick up where he and Victor left off. That leaves Mackie and Mr. Eldridge playing all the male parts to exhaustion. Pruitt's not thrilled about them spending money on another actor at all, let alone when Scott auditions...but Betty stands up for him, even if she doesn't really trust him yet.
Didn't have too many other ideas, so I switched to The Price Is Right on Buzzr next. I'm guessing this one dates to 1984-early 1985. Bob's hair is a little gray, Johnny Olsen is announcing, and the Johnny robot butler is prominent in one of the Showcases and a bidding intro. If nothing else, someone not only didn't constantly ask for the rules of Blank Check, but won the game with no problems. A poker player knew what she was doing and easily won the Poker Game, too. The regular Showcase had an elegant theme as Johnny-bot and Holly introduced a lovely tea set, dining room furniture, and a gorgeous baby grand piano. The second Showcase was themed around a trip to Palm Springs, including a dune buggy and a sports car. The lady who bid on the sports car went way over. The one who bid on the dining room got her furniture and that sweet piano.
Let it run into Match Game '76. Tonight covered the remaining week with Jimmie Walker and Elaine Joyce, including Darlene's last episode after she brought home over $22,000. The lady who beat her flung herself into Gene's arms and wouldn't let go for anything! Gene had to announce the commercial over her. The next week brought back Broadway legend Ethel Merman, along with Avery Scriberer and Joyce Bulifant.
Finished the night at Paramount Plus with another Paw Patrol special. "Jet to the Rescue" introduces the obnoxious Duke of Flappington. He steals a jewel from the Princess of Barkingburg that, when combined with a gem he already has, will allow him to lift the entire town of Barkingburg into the air! He traps everyone but Skye, Everest, and Tracker in the castle. Skye wants to help, but she's terrified of the Duke's eagle-like ship and his eagle Jean-Claude. It's not until she sees Sweetie confronting the Duke in her own ship does she manage to conquer her own fears and save the town and the jewels.
No comments:
Post a Comment