Rushed to work even before the cartoon ended. I spent almost the entire day cleaning the sink area in the back, near the employee room. This is where the sink for ringing mops out is and the area where the spray bottles for the registers are filled. It's dirty and moldy along those walls, even after they were rebuilt a few years ago. I finally used scrub sponges and a sponge mop that has a part with a scrub brush. I didn't get it all off, and I couldn't get past the big machine that polishes our floor to clean the side wall, but it looks a little better. The sponge and sponge mop came in handy for scrubbing the baler, too. I had to wait on cleaning that because everyone was using it in the morning.
Finally got outside around 12:30. The head bagger had been sweeping and doing carts. The head manager told me to pick up trash at the cart corrals. He thought it would take me 20 minutes. Um, it took me five. I did fill a small plastic bag with bottles, but there are only four cart corrals, and they fixed the covers for the bottoms on two out of four of them ages ago. I was in and out with no trouble whatsoever, other than it got hot during the morning and I nearly sweated to death going home.
When I got in, I changed, then cut up some plums and added them and cinnamon to that buckwheat pancake mix to make Plum Cobbler Pancakes. Ate them while watching Remember WENN. "Scott Sherwood of the FBI" has told his Aunt Agatha (Jan Miner) that the station is a branch of the crime unit. Scott and Betty do their best to make her think they're all G-men and women. It isn't until a real FBI agent turns up (Tom Tammi) that Aunt Agatha reveals she not only knew the truth from the start, but was way ahead of them.
Went down for a nap after the episode ended and I cleaned up from lunch. I was so tired, I lay down at 2:30 and didn't roll out of bed until quarter of 5! I finished Penny from Heaven after I got up, then watched more WENN. Turns out Scott has a far more damaging lie going than claiming WENN is part of the FBI. He's been skimming off two of the sponsors, including Flowergrams, the sponsors of their Bridal Bouquet program, to create a memorial for Victor. He's made the sponsor think they marry real couples on the show! When the sponsor (Julie Haggarty), a former sweetheart of Mackie Bloom, actually turns up at the station, Betty has to pretend to be "The First Mrs. Bloom" to keep up the illusion.
Switched to Match Game '76 during dinner. Tonight moved on to the week with a grumpy Tom Poston and slightly ditzy Barbara Shawma. Gene received a lovely champagne-pink microphone trimmed with sequins from an audience member in one episode that he dubbed his "Cher" microphone.
Finished the night with Mystery Science Theater 3000. Doctor Mordrid is one of the more recent episodes from 2022. This 1992 low-budget fantasy-superhero flick is likely part of the run of stylish superhero movies that came out in the 90's after the Batman films were sensations. Doctor Mordrid (Jeffery Combs) is an ageless wizard who must track down evil wizard Kabal (Brian Thompson) who wants to find the Philosopher's Stone and end reality as we know it. He's aided by Samantha Hunt (Yvette Nipar), a police researcher who lives in his building and keeps trying to figure out what's going on with his strange room at the end of the hall. She has to help him out when he's arrested for a series of murders actually caused by Kabal.
Uh, yeah. Apparently, this was originally intended to be a Doctor Strange adaptation, but the rights fell through and they had to create their own character. Nipar is having a little more fun than the dull Combs and weird Thompson and his huge forehead, and the scene at the end with the stop-motion dinosaur skeletons coming to life is genuinely nifty, but most of it is as cheap as it looks. I wouldn't come here without the robot wisecracks unless you're a really huge fan of those 90's superhero movies or cheap sci-fi.
No comments:
Post a Comment