Thursday, August 02, 2007

Back In The Saddle Again

I'm slowly trying to return to my regular schedule. I volunteered today for the first time in over a month. My knee wasn't the only thing keeping me away - I've had a hard time fitting it in with my schedule, and there was vacation. I made up for it by donating a pile of books and my old DVD player and buying a pile of records, a book on Jeanette MacDonald and Nelson Eddy, a US Acres picture book, and a stuffed folk-art bird.

It's also been over a month since I last had a counseling appointment. Scott and I agreed that, with my weight loss going well, it's high time I concentrate on the one thing I really want - getting a real job. I agree with my sister Rose that the best way to do that may be to muscle in on local volunteering. As much as I love my volunteer work at Erica's store, it just isn't helping me find jobs or meet people my own age. I'm going to do a more thorough online search, starting tomorrow.

Tonight...I'm reading Monkees fanfiction. It's so hard to find good Monkees fics online anymore. Most of it is Mary Sue mush, but this long-running tale at the MonkeesFic Live-Journal is proving quite interesting...


Goin' Down

No comments: