Thursday, August 09, 2007

If Your Friends Are There, Then Everything's All Right

My best friend Lauren offered to go half with me on a new record player. No, she insisted. I wanted to pay at least part of it, since she's bought me plenty of things in the past. I have over 120 records now, and I really do want to hear a few of them every now and then, especially since obscure albums like "The Living Strings Play The Music Of Hawaii" or the Nelson Eddy version of "Oklahoma!" are probably not on CD or easy to find online. Not to mention records are cheaper than most CDs or downloads. They cost a dollar at the thrift shop in Collingswood, but I've picked them up for as little as a quarter from yard sales and libraries. I'll keep the larger Victrola-style stereo in the living room for the CD and cassette player, but I've had quite enough of the phonograph not wanting to work.

Speaking of Lauren, we finished the role play tonight. Look for it by the end of this weekend.

Otherwise, this was a rather annoying day. Work was a pain and a half. It was steady-to-dead, but many of my customers were cranky, grouchy, and/or obnoxious, especially parents whose children spent most of the last week inside due to the heat wave and were driving them (and me) up the wall. I also had to deal with a man who was clearly drunk (the scent of heavy liquor came off of him in waves) and threw a fit because he thought I didn't give him his money back, and that was all he had. The guy had me so confused, I'm still not sure if I gave him the right money or not! Apparently, his trailer burnt down two months ago, but he should be working things out with a counselor and financial aid, not drowning his sorrows and annoying people.

No comments: