Wednesday, August 08, 2007

End Of the Records

I just can't get the record player going. I tried my hardest today. I messed with the screw. I messed with the arm. I messed with the record I used. (My Bee Gees Greatest Hits set - about half of the songs are on the Saturday Night Fever soundtrack, so if something gets scratched on that one, it's not a huge loss.) It worked for five minutes, then slowed, and finally stopped...and would NOT start back up again, no matter what I did to it.

I'd like to get another record player, but I'm broke right now. I don't know why this one isn't working. I've only had it for a year and half, and the CD player and cassette player that are also part of the system work perfectly fine.

Today was even hotter and muggier than yesterday. I volunteered this morning. Apparently, they were swamped by donations yesterday (people on vacation doing things they've put off) and had a ton to do. I mostly went through winter clothes and put out the very few summer items we could fit, as the racks were overflowing. In addition to more records, I bought a large Wish Bear I threw in the laundry when I got home. (She was in good shape, but was dirty and had a small stain on her tummy near her symbol that came right out in the wash.)

I went swimming while I did my laundry. Boy, did THAT feel good. The water is 86 degrees, thanks to the heat. It was fabulous, and so relaxing. I was the only one out there for most of the time.

Unfortunately, I did not get to The Monkee Knight today. I'll see what I can do tomorrow.

Oh, and Lauren and I should be finishing the newest role-play tomorrow. Look for it this weekend or early next week!

No comments: