Monday, August 20, 2007

Listen To The Rhythm Of The Falling Rain

Sigh. On one hand, we need the rain. It's been so dry. I've had a rather cozy day, listening to records, working on stories, and doing yoga. I have the windows closed and no fan or air conditioner on, and the house is still comfortable. I even needed a sweater to go to work today, and I was only there for four hours and got a ride with Dad. (Work, incidentally, was very busy, with a lot of huge orders for college students and their parents, but no problems.) It was nice to have such a quiet, thoughtful day. It felt more a day in late November than a day in late August!

On the other hand, I have things I need to do, and I need to use my bike to do them. I need to do the laundry tomorrow. I need to drop my volunteering papers off at the Camden County Library. I need to send the pictures from Skylar's birthday party to Mom. I hate to have to put this stuff off until later in the week. Thank goodness it looks like the rain will be passed by Thursday, when I have counseling, volunteering at the thrift shop, and would like to try to make it into Philadelphia.

No comments: