Friday, August 10, 2007

The Most Inspirational, Celebrational, Muppetational...

First of all, as you can probably guess from the title, I splurged and bought The Muppet Show: The Complete Second Season today. I picked up Season One when it was released in 2003, and I'm really glad Disney finally got around to putting out more. (And could we have the rest on a more regular basis, please? I miss my Muppets!)

I watched three episodes after I came home from work and running small errands at Wal-Mart. The Don Knotts one was my favorite. Fozzie and Floyd Pepper expounding on "hipness" was hilarious. So were those hideous lime-green shades Knotts wore. (At least Fozzie's looked normal.)

While a few skits and characters from Season One didn't make it into Season Two (notably Wayne and Wanda and Helga the Wardrobe Mistress), better guest stars and more interesting recurring skits (including "Pigs In Space," which probably explains why Miss Piggy's fuzzy face is on the front cover) more than make up for it.

The rest of the day was variable. Work is still a pain, with several cranky customers and folks annoyed because they just didn't read the fine print on the big coupon sales for this week (I can already tell those coupon sales are going to give me headaches), but it was busy and went by fast. I stopped at a local pizzeria near Wal-Mart for dinner and had two broccoli and spinach slices. Bought a few small things at Wal-Mart, but not the Muppets. Turns out FYE had the better price, so I got it there.

I got a major scare riding home on my bike. I wasn't paying attention to where I was going and almost hit a car on one of the side roads going off of the Black Horse Pike. I was scared and upset and I felt like a fool. I should know better than to daydream on a major highway.

Some of my customers mentioned it had cooled off considerably since I arrived at work, but I didn't believe them until I walked outside and was hit by...cold air. It was slightly humid, but not nearly as much as the past week, and it was windy and cloudy. Matt at X-Entertainment is right. It does feel more like a night in October than August, and thank the lord for that! My first thought when I got outside was "I need a sweater!"

Oooh, and I posted this month's Monkees role play at Lauren's and my site.

No comments: