Friday, January 16, 2009

Baby, Heck YEAH It's Cold Outside!

It's cold today. It's really, really cold. The high here today was 15. That may be small frozen potatoes for those of you facing subzero temperatures in the Midwest, Northwest, New England, and Canada, but here in South Jersey, it almost never drops below the 30s. It was windy, too. With all that, you can understand why I spent the morning inside, working on editing this month's Monkees role-play. (It'll go up tonight.) The Acme called me in a little early, at 2 instead of 4. I was hoping to get a ride, but Uncle Ken was the only person home, and he can't drive because of his medication. Dolores was running errands, Jessa was at school, and Dad and Jodie had gone to a winery. (Yeah, I know, in temperatures in the teens. What, were they eating wine-cicles?) I rode my bike to work. At least it was sunny and the wind was facing my back most of the way.

Work was steady-to-dead most of the night, and given the weather, busier than I thought it would be. I figured everyone would be hiding from the cold. I got lucky, too. I ran into Dolores about a half-hour before work ended. Uncle Ken had gotten a hankering for tuna salad, but they were out of tomatoes and mayonnaise, so Dolores ran to the store to fetch some. She was able to drive me and my bike home.

No comments: