Friday, January 09, 2009

Balancing Snow, Sleet, and Rain

Supposedly, there's a winter storm on it's way, with lots of snow and ice. Or so most of my customers say. The Acme was very busy today, and people were anxious and cranky over the weather reports. We might be getting snow early this morning and into tomorrow. It's more likely we'll be getting rain and/or sleet, which is what's happened the last few times were supposed to be having snow. You'd think there was a blizzard coming, the way everyone was acting! Customers were cranky and rude again. One woman fussed because her tuna packets didn't ring up on sale. I checked the price myself. She bought the wrong size, but she wouldn't believe me, and once again, I was accused of having a bad attitude when I was only doing my job. This time, I didn't cry. I just got mad. What is WITH these people...and why can't they knock those chips off their shoulders and leave them in Camden, where they belong?

That wasn't the only problem I had today. My register went down while I was working on an order. It wasn't my fault, but it disrupted the order and I wasn't happy. A manager got upset with me when I was impatient about calling him over when it was really busy and there were only two managers to help us. He was a little rude...but the customers and I should have been more patient. Donna actually tried to get me in for another eight-hour shift today. I'm glad I only opted for six. The extra hours weren't worth my sanity or having to put off other chores another day.

This morning went much better. I finally got to Yogawood today after having to put it off all week due to early or called-in work. Things went fairly well. My balance is getting better. I was able to do the Tree Pose without TOO much trouble, though I'm not ready to go further yet.

After I left Yogawood and picked up milk at the WaWa a few doors down in Collingswood, I went home and finished taking down the Christmas decorations. I took down the garlands and put them in bags, then put the bags in a milk crate. The wreath, big plastic bell, cookie tray, box with the New Year's noisemakers and hats, and placemats now go in that big Santa Claus bag Uncle Ken and Dolores wrapped my coat in on Christmas Eve. (I knew I'd find something to do with that!) The Nativity went in it's own bag. Samantha, Carrie, Dulcie, and the Sailor Moon dolls were redressed in their original clothes. Carrie and Dulcie's dresses went into a bag. The other outfits are in Samantha's box. I vacuumed around where the tree was (fake trees and garlands shed almost as much as real ones do), moved the plastic book shelf back where the tree was, and returned some videos and DVDs to where the Nativity was.

That pretty much concludes my Christmas season until after Thanksgiving. I'm going to hold off putting up the Valentine's stuff for another couple of weeks, though I do have a few items for general winter that will be put up as soon as I finish cleaning.

No comments: