Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Raining In the New Year

Today was Laundry Day. I read my new Indiana Jones paperback while Dad took down his Christmas tree. His (real) tree is three times the size of mine both ways...but he and Uncle Ken don't have nearly as many decorations as I do. (Or maybe they do and they just have more room to display them.) I ran to CVS for eggs and milk (the latter for Dad and Uncle Ken) while my laundry was in the dryer.

As I walked to CVS, it started to sprinkle lightly. Nothing big, just some spitting. Dolores (and The Weather Channel) said we were supposed to get sleet later. We did get some sleet later...for about ten minutes around 2PM, by which time I was at home and working on getting my Christmas decorations down. By the time the displays were put away and I was just shoving the last of the bears into their plastic bin, it was back to sprinkling. It sprinkled while I rode to work, and was misting when I got out. It finally started raining harder about a half-hour ago.

Work, thank god after yesterday, was steady when I came in, dead when I left, with no major problems other than the lack of help.

No comments: