Saturday, January 24, 2009

Seeing Is Believing

I spent the morning doing the usual errands and grocery shopping. I went to Staples to look at prices for USB data save things, but I'm really trying hard to not dip into my savings. I just walked out with a set of DVD-R discs so I can save videos from my digital camera. I peeked at FYE; they do have the new WebKinz I wanted, but I'm going to hold off there until the new 2-disc set of Mary Poppins I want comes out on Tuesday and I get my next paycheck. I looked at a shoe store, but I didn't see any good sales on cheap sneakers.

I didn't really need much at the Acme, so I wasn't there for very long. I came home with yogurt, peanut butter, Apricot fruit spread, grapefruit, bananas, celery, and ham and collard greens for dinner. After everything was put away, I ran back out to the bank quickly, then came back home and worked on a recipe for French Bread made with egg whites.

While the bread rose, I worked on another project. I made Lauren the first 12-minute video clip using my digital camera. I'm not going to post it here tonight. I really made it for her, and it's taking long enough to upload as it is. I'll post everything when I finally upload everything. I didn't realize how long it would take for these files to get on here! This is why I don't like all this fancy technology. Why should it take so long to upload? It's supposed to be "high speed" internet, right? I like things better when they come out right away, like film and Polaroids.

1 comment:

Trey Baird said...

I'm with you. I have enough trouble getting things to a point where I'm satisfied with them, without having to wait on the technology afterwards. That's why when I do use technology, I make sure that I feel really strongly about it.

Sadly, in a generation or two, people aren't even going to know about Polaroid. And when we try to tell them about it, they won't understand what the big deal is with a camera that prints pictures instantly.