Sunday, January 25, 2009

Quiet Sunday

I spent a very quiet morning. I slept in, made banana pancakes, listened to the Beatles show on WOGL (Magical Mystery Tour was the theme of the day), finished The Four Story Mistake, and talked to my mother. Mom was also spending a quiet morning puttering around the kitchen. Keefe was still sleeping (at quarter of 11) and Dad had gone to work. She mostly fussed about the cold weather. They're not used to really cold weather down in Cape May County. It seldom drops under the mid-30s there, probably because of the ocean. It was cold here, too, only in the lower 30s, but sunny and windless.

Work was very busy, but otherwise not much of a problem. It seldom is on a Sunday. I was in and out on time. (My relief was late, but the kid who was supposed to come in is always late because of his other job, and it was slow enough by then that I didn't have to wait for him.)

No comments: