Thursday, January 29, 2009

Taxed Out

Spent most of today doing my taxes. It wouldn't have taken nearly as long if Turbo Tax hadn't been a pain. I wanted to do their free Basic, but it kept putting me on Deluxe, despite saying I didn't want Deluxe. I ended up having to start another account to get the free return, but I did get it. My taxes don't take very long to do. I'm single, rent my apartment, and have one job and no dependents. All I have to report is my interest from my college loans. It takes me about 20 minutes to do my taxes, and that's counting printing the return form.

I had a hard time getting to and from work. My porch and steps are clear...but the path leading to my apartment is one big icy mess. The sidewalks are even worse - I had to ride in the street, including on the Black Horse Pike. The Acme parking lot hasn't been completely cleared, either, though it looks 100 times better than it did yesterday.

Thank goodness, after all that, work was no problem. We had a few mildly cranky people (it is almost the beginning of the month), but other than that, we were steady-to-dead all night.

No comments: