Sunday, January 10, 2010

Chill of Winter

Overslept big-time this morning - I didn't get up until almost quarter of 11! I did get to hear the second half of the WOGL Brunch With the Beatles show ("songs of January" was the theme today) and eat Sweet Potato Pancakes for breakfast. Called Mom, too. She was really busy. Keefe, Anny, and Anny's boys were all at home, so there wasn't much time to talk. They were all ok; she was in a good mood, at least.

Did last month's budget after I finished breakfast and the Beatles' show ended. December is always so out-of-whack, it barely counts. Not only do I tend to spend more that month (because of extra baking and Christmas shopping), but I have the Christmas money I get at the end of the month.

Headed to work after I finished my financial chores. Had a really nice ride to and from work today. It's still cold, but the wind has diminished considerably, and the sun's out. It's supposed to get warmer here by mid-week. I'm just glad the wind's gone. It makes it a lot easier for me to get around.

Work was almost exactly a repeat of yesterday, with long lines all day. About 20 minutes before I was finished my shift, a woman's debit/credit card wouldn't run through. Her magnetic strip was too worn. I typed her number in...but I hadn't realized I forgot to tell her that you can only do credit when you type the number in, not debit. She threw a fit! She'd been behaving rather badly, anyway. Kept fussing to her daughter about how she wasn't bagging perfectly, but refused to help the kid herself. I got another woman a few minutes later with the same problem, but I explained about the credit thing, and she was fine.

My relief was right on time. I was able to go straight home, change my shirt, grab my purse, and head over to Dad and Uncle Ken's for dinner. Jodie invited me over for some roast beef, and she did have that there, along with spinach salad, succotash, roasted red potatoes, and pop-can biscuits. It was all delicious. Dad was watching the Cardinals-Packers game, which was much better than most of the other games this weekend - they were tied 38-38 when I was there.

(Alas, though the Packers did make a huge comeback, it wasn't enough to make it past a very "on" Kurt Warner. The Cards won in overtime, 51-45, in what turned out to be the highest-scoring playoff game in NFL history.)

No comments: