Saturday, January 02, 2010

Windy New Year

The wind blew something fierce today, all over the Delaware Valley. I spent the morning inside, avoiding it. It was really cold, too, barely in the lower 30s. It's supposed to be windy and cold tomorrow as well, and they're talking flurries for Monday. I just hung out and did things on the laptop.

Work wasn't much more fun once I finally got past the wind. This is the beginning of the month, with all the fun people that implies. Didn't help that it was crazy-busy, too, with long lines all day. We weren't even lacking in help. It was just busy. I had no relief and was almost late getting out!

It was still busy when I went grocery shopping after work. I needed a lot - collard greens, grapefruit, apples, yogurt (there was a really good sale on Dannon yogurt), eggs, granola bars, tuna (also on sale), leeks, small steaks to make stir-fries and fajitas, and things for a pudding pie for Uncle Ken's football party tomorrow.

I made the pie when I got home, then made a nice, warm Asian Salmon with leeks and mushrooms and steamed collard greens. Greens like collards and mustard are another kind of vegetable I love but isn't a favorite with most people. The collards were delicious steamed, nice and sweet, with only a hint of the bite that most people find too bitter.

No comments: