Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Slip Sliding Away

I was just finishing breakfast around 11AM when the Acme called. Someone went home early, could I come in? No. I'd just finished eating! I did eventually come in at quarter of 2. I wanted to do some stuff at home this morning, including sweep the piles of sticker balls off my porch. (At least, as many of them as I could. It's still very cold, despite the sunshine, and some of them are frozen fast to the porch!)

As it turned out, work was on-and-off busy anyway, not nearly as crazy as it was over the weekend. There were no really huge problems, and my relief was on time.

My ride to work was fine. The weather remains cold, but sunny and windless. I didn't have as much luck riding home. There's a thick patch of ice on the bottom of the hill that is Goff Avenue. I tried to ride around it, but the bike slid out from under me, and I ended up on the pavement.

Thank God it wasn't nearly as horrible as the last time I fell off my bike. All I did was smack my right elbow really hard, leaving a very nasty bruise. The bike itself is fine, other than the basket's dented again. It rode fine, and I made it the remaining two blocks home with no more trouble.

No comments: