Monday, January 11, 2010

You're Gonna Make It After All

I slept in a little this morning (thought not nearly as much as yesterday), and did some reading in bed before finally having cereal for breakfast and running some errands. Went to CVS to buy conditioner. Turns out they were having a sale on Herbal Essences, one of my favorite brands (yes, the curl formula too). I then walked a couple of blocks down to the bank and deposited my paycheck. I debated getting milk, but it was quarter of 12 by that point, and I had work at 1. I'll get it tomorrow.

Started the first season of The Mary Tyler Moore Show while eating a quick lunch of a pumpkin muffin, an orange, and Yoplait's newest light flavor, Pineapple Upside-Down Cake. (Which was really good, by the way. Tasted like pineapple custard.) Other than the dubious fashions (even sensible Mary wears some rather scary outfits), Mary Tyler Moore was a fun series from the get-go. I loved Lou showing up at Mary's apartment drunk and missing his wife in the first episode. Mary was right; it was kind of sweet.

Work was steady, but not quite as busy as over the weekend, and other than some obnoxious customers, not a problem. My relief was on time. While it's still cold, the wind is gone and the cold isn't quite as biting as last week. I had a rather pleasant ride to and from work.

No comments: