Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Sometime In the Morning

Given today is the Epiphany, the last day of the Christmas holiday season, it's rather appropriate that I spent the morning and early afternoon taking down the last of the Christmas decorations. Took me almost two hours to get the tree down. Heck, it took me a good ten minutes just to figure out how to get all the boxes with the ornaments into the plastic container! Maybe I should get rid of a few next year.

The remaining decorations took another hour. It's a lot easier to take the garlands down than it is to put them up, especially since at least one was twist-tied to the unused curtain rods. I re-dressed the Cabbage Patch Kid girls and put all the miscellaneous items that belonged in the Santa Bag away last, since they're the ones that come out first after Thanksgiving - the mistletoe, the tin with the fabric I use on the dining area table and the coasters, the box with the New Year's hats and noisemakers, the big plastic Ferrro Rocher bell (now in it's own bag, so the little bells inside won't fall out), the wreath, and the poinsettia placemats.

I had a quick lunch of Peanut Butter and Cranberry-Pear Butter sandwiches while watching Get Smart episodes. The decline in quality is a bit more noticeable in these episodes, but they still aren't bad - I especially liked the one where a gangster with a gunshot wound mistakes Max and 99 for doctors...and Max was the one who shot him. (The gangster was played by Henry Cordon, best known by Monkees fans as their blustering landlord Mr. Babbitt and by animation nerds as the second voice of Fred Flinstone.)

Work was more-or-less the same deal as Monday - busy as heck when I came in, dead to the point where I spent the last 20 minutes doing returns when I left.

No comments: