Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Cinnamon Sweet

It was raining when I went to work this morning. The rain was still fairly hard when I left, but it began to slow down even as I rounded the corner of Nicholson and the Black Horse Pike and saw the Acme and the Audubon Shopping Center. I wasn't too wet when I arrived. Other than some mildly annoying customers, we were off-and-on busy all day. There were no really big problems, and my relief was on time.

In fact, the managers were in pretty decent moods. One was re-arranging the front end. She found new places to hang the dollar totes and the rain gear, removing racks that took up too much room. Another manager was thrilled that she and her husband were getting a new hound puppy and talked happily about it all day.

After work, I bought cards for my Uncle Ken's birthday tomorrow and for Mother's Day. When I rode home, it was cloudy, cold, and windy, but the rain was long gone. I changed my shirt when I got in and started making a loaf of Oatmeal Cinnamon Bread to replace the French Bread that's almost gone.

I went for a walk in Veteran's Park next-door while the bread rose. The park is beautiful this time of year. The trees and vines look lovely with their new bright green coats.

On my way back, I saw petals scattered around the side path leading to my apartment. I always wondered where they came from. I didn't think any of the trees in the back yard had flowers. I looked up...and realized that one of the trees on the side path was a magnolia tree. I never knew that before! The bottom limbs on that tree are so dead, only spiders use them.

I ran Psych for the rest of the evening as the bread baked and I had leftovers for dinner. I'm not as into the show as Lauren is, but it's kind of cute. My favorite was the wedding episode; only Shawn would hold a bachelor party in a cop's hotel room and charge it to his bill.

No comments: