Thursday, May 26, 2011

The Heat Is Really On

Ugh. The heat climbed into the upper 80s-lower 90s for the first real heat wave of 2011. It was sunny, hot, steamy, and humid. I didn't get out to the Oaklyn Library until around quarter of noon, by which time the sun was beating down relentlessly through the haze. I tried not to stay out very long.

I did have some work to do at the library. This week, the DVDs weren't too bad, but the kids' section had been redone again. The series' bookshelf had been removed all together. Most of the series had been moved in with the regular young adult books (except for the Sweet Valley High books, which were loaded into boxes for the library's book sales). The young adult books had also been rearranged. The picture and easy reader books were a mess - some sections had young adult books shoved in with the picture books!

I went home in time to have lunch and watch the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse DVD I'd rented from the Haddon Township Library a few weeks ago. After lunch, I packed up dinner, changed into my work uniform, and headed out.

Unlike yesterday, there were no major problems. 90-degree heat waves aren't the type of weather that inspires mass delinquency. The lines did get long, but we had more help this time. I was able to get in and out without a fuss.

No comments: