Monday, May 02, 2011

Let's Make the World A Better Place

With the Armed Forces doing their part in getting rid of world-wide menaces (much to the delight of every front-page in the country), I started the first of three morning shifts I have this week. None of them are as long as last week's, but they're also much busier. It wasn't bad when I came in at 10, but business picked up around 11:30 and was on-and-off the rest of the day. Other than some annoying beginning-of-the-month customers, there were no major problems. My relief was just on-time, and I was in and out with little fanfare.

It was cloudy and windy when I rode to work this morning. The clouds broke up around noon-1PM. When I arrived home, it was still windy, but the clouds were replaced by bright sunlight and picture-perfect upper 60s temperatures.

I changed into shorts and a t-shirt, grabbed my laundry and purse, and headed for the laundromat. I debated doing the laundry tomorrow, but finally decided I had too much going on already. Once again, I hit it just right. When I arrived, the only person there was one of the older ladies who manages the place and NBC10 News running several pieces about local reaction to Osama Bin Laden's death. By the time I left, two couples were working on several very large loads of laundry.

When I got home, I put everything away and ran Minnie's Masquerade again. Ran through that and Max and the Three Bunnies while making Strawberry Chocolate Chip Muffins and salmon and spinach salad for dinner.

The Internet was down originally when I tried to get on. It did come back up, but I'm not happy. I'm debating what to do. I've heard that Comcast's customer service is as bad as Verizon's, if not worse. Right now, I'm debating either switching to FIOS and hoping that works better or seeing if I can find another Internet provider all together.

No comments: