Friday, May 27, 2011

Sometimes, You Just Need Chocolate

It was absolutely gorgeous this morning. Windy, sunny, and still hot but a bit less steamy than yesterday. I went for an absolutely lovely walk around the neighborhood. The trees are now sporting their full, green coats. Rose bushes still look colorful and smell sweet. Gardens sport flowers growing in profusion, from azaleas to the last of the irises. There were quite a few people out this morning, trimming hedges and mowing lawns.

When I came back in, I had lunch and went to work. Work was a nut house. It was very busy all day long, and this time, we DID have help. It's a holiday weekend. Many people were probably shopping to stock their summer houses for the first time this year. Others were preparing for barbecues or family get-togethers. It did mean everyone was in a really nice mood, though, and there were no major problems. It slowed enough by 6 for me to leave quickly.

Good thing, too. I needed to get to America's Best pick up my contacts. They also needed to refund ten dollars onto my credit card; something about ordering the wrong contacts the first time. I've been trying to get there all week, but I kept having to stay late or would be too tired. After that, I went to Tu Se Bella's and bought a slice of mushroom pizza, a slice of pineapple-Canadian bacon pizza, and a bottle of water for dinner.

Next on the list was a return to the Acme for a quick grocery shopping trip. I don't usually do a lot of actual grocery store shopping in the summer, since I don't cook or bake as often. As with yesterday, it was mostly restocking - ground chicken, chocolate morsels (while they're still on the clearance rack), peanut butter, eggs. Also bought Mocha Chocolate Mousse mix, a chocolate graham cracker pie crust, and Chocolate Cool Whip (the last-named on sale) to make a mousse pie for dessert.

I made the pie right when I got home. Just finished a piece - boy, did it come out nice, rich and chocolate-y. I love those Nestle Chocolate Morsels Toppers. They may not be right for toppings, but they make the perfect mini-chips for pies.

Oh, and my schedule for next week isn't bad. I do work Memorial Day, but only four hours. The only questionable day is Wednesday, when I work 8 1/2 hours. Great...but I'm dead tired as it is now. Maybe a lot of people took that day off?

No comments: