Thursday, May 19, 2011

The Rain Can't Make Up It's Mind

It was absolutely gorgeous when I got up this morning. While it was still humid, it was also sunny and relatively cool. I had breakfast and went for a nice walk around the neighborhood, admiring the beautiful roses and irises blooming in profusion in every yard. I worked on activities in a book on job hunting for unconventional and artistic people and had a Peanut Butter and Plum Butter Sandwich and a kiwi for lunch.

Work was a bit of a pain. It was on-and-off busy, but I really would rather have been putting away candy. I get so sick of the customers sometimes. I'm not a big fan of crowds. At the very least, I did get some things shelved, and unlike yesterday, there was plenty of help.

The clouds were just reappearing as I rode to work. I know it rained very hard at least twice while I was in the Acme. There were even some rumblings of thunder. However, by the time I finished at 6:30, the rain was long gone and the clouds were trying to break up again. They didn't try hard enough. It rained again about an hour ago, though it's sounds quiet now.

No comments: