Wednesday, October 02, 2013

A Glorious Indian Summer

Started off today by finishing the last of the Scooby Doo robot-themed set. Ironically, the final episode in the set was a two-parter set in Washington DC, "A Louse In the White House." Velma joins in for this caper, which sees the gang rescuing a NASA program from the ghosts of George Washington and Abraham Lincoln, who want everyone out as soon as possible!

I headed to the laundromat after Scooby ended. It was a fine day for a walk. It's warmer than it has been and slightly more humid, but still lovely. There was noise in the park next-door. I peeked to see what they were up to...and much to my surprise, there were machines making a path to the garden. At least, that's what it looks like to me. It might be more gardens. It might be something else. I don't know. I'll check it more tomorrow.

The laundromat was far quieter. In fact, I was the only one there when I arrived. It did get busier later on, but by that point, my load was in the drier. I headed out as "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?" was winding down.

Despite the hot weather, when I got home, I pulled out my winter clothes and put away most of the summer ones. I know that hot weather doesn't last in the fall, and it looks like ours will be gone by the end of the weekend. Thankfully, it doesn't look like I have much to replace this year. As of now, I still need a raincoat, and I still need good winter clothes, a skirt and/or dress. Right now, I need to replace shoes more than clothes.

Ran the first Halloween special of the fall while having a "spinach pancake" (spinach, mushrooms, cheese, and eggs) for lunch. Halloween Is Grinch Night is one of the most bizarre of all Dr. Seuss specials. When the Grinch goes on the prowl one windy night, the Who flee into their homes...except little Eukeriah, who gets blown into the mountains. When he runs right into the Grinch and his cart full of scares, he takes it upon himself to make sure the Grinch and his scares never make it to Whoville.

Work was quiet when I came in and quiet when I left, but rush hour was very busy. Not only is it the beginning of the month, but the government shutdown means there's quite a few people out there who have more time than usual to shop and run errands...and understandably aren't happy about it. I was so stressed by quarter after 8, I asked to spend my last hour doing returns, since it was dead as a doornail by that point anyway.

No comments: