Monday, October 14, 2013

Discovering the Bath

I actually spent most of my Columbus Day at work. I started work at 11, which is much earlier than I have been lately. I think a lot of employees may have gone away for the weekend. I don't think most of our customers followed them. It was steady for most of the afternoon. Parents who would normally have been working and had kids at school were taking advantage of the day off to get their shopping done and amuse the kids at the same time. There were a lot of big orders and a lot of noisy folks. Thankfully, the day went very fast. My relief was on time, and I was in and out with no problems.

Went right in the bath when I got home. I couldn't decide if I wanted to or not, since I got off at 5. I finally decided it would be worth it. I was right. Even though I was only in for about 40 minutes, it still felt great. I listened to the Reader's Digest Operetta set and read through The Christmas Almanac for holiday gift and decorating ideas.

After I got out, I made tilapia with Farm Market mushrooms and steamed broccoli for dinner while watching one of the Bowery Boys movies. Sach dreams that he and the Boys head west in "Bowery Buckaroos" to clear Louie's name and find a lost gold mine. Their pal Gabe goes on ahead and discovers that the bandit who framed Louie is still operating a saloon in town...and still looking for that mine. While Gabe romances a pretty and smart cowgirl, the others look for the mine and a way to get the bandit to confess.

No comments: