Tuesday, October 22, 2013

So Complicated

Started off a late morning with more Young Justice as I had breakfast, then baked Honey Squares from my British baking book. I really with the libraries had more of this show. There's a lot of complex plots going on here, from an alien's attempt to use a huge moon-sized war machine to invade the Earth to four kids (including one I recognize as Static Shock from the KidsWB show that ran in the early 2000s, when I was in college) breaking out of a lab where they were used as test subjects and falling under the authority of Lex Luthor. The kids actually end up rescuing the rest of the Justice League...but it gets Arsenal (young Green Arrow) in trouble. And then there's the group who have infiltrated big bad guy team "The Rush" and "The Light" and are desperately trying to keep their cover.

I'm enjoying this...but I suspect I would have enjoyed it more if I'd come in a lot earlier. This is one of those shows where you really need to see all of the episodes to know exactly what's going on. I'll have to look it up online.

Work was really rather dull today. It was only busy during rush hour. Otherwise, it was quiet when I came in and quiet when I left. I had absolutely no problems getting out (with a bag of new uniform shirts - don't get excited, they look just like the old ones) whatsoever.

No comments: