Saturday, April 27, 2019

Day In the Wind

Kicked off a sunny morning with breakfast and an episode of Sailor Moon from the first season. Usagi may think that new clock of hers that looks like Luna is cute, but it turns into "Usagi's Disaster: Beware of the Clock of Confusion" when it turns out to have been charmed by a Negaverse monster and actually speeds up time. Luna and Ami have to figure out how to slow her down long enough to find out what's going on.

Headed out around quarter of 10. Today was Haddon Heights' Town-Wide Yard Sale. Thankfully, theirs went on despite the high wind. It wasn't really cold, though. In fact, it was gorgeous for this time of year, sunny and in the lower 60's. Maybe that's why they were so busy! I dodged many cars as I rode over the hilly streets. Haddon Heights isn't named that because it sounds nice. The town is on higher hills than most of the area and isn't easy to ride around in even when the wind isn't going at 20 miles an hour.

While I didn't do as well as I did a few weeks ago in Audubon, I did make some decent finds. Picked up La La Land, the film version of Rent, and the original Broadway cast CD set for Rent from one house; a teen boy admitted he was a big Rent fan. A sale near an antique shop yielded a former library copy of a vintage Peanuts Treasury from the 70's. Found the Pixar film Up at another house. Two kindly older women sold small squares of chocolate-peanut butter bars that I thought I'd try.

I started back towards Audubon at 1:30. I was originally going to go to the Acme's Luncheon...but it turns out that they moved it to May 11th. I hadn't bothered to look at the sign-up poster. Annoyed, I dropped the donuts in the back room anyway and went out to lunch. Ended up at a very busy Chick Fil'A, where I had a grilled chicken sandwich, piping hot waffle fries, and a frozen key lime drink. (The latter didn't taste as limey as the lemonade drink tasted like lemons.) Returned to the Acme quickly to get free eggs from the big online coupon points program, then went home.

Spent the next few hours writing and looking around online. Leia leads the guys into the furnace room. Harris isn't happy to be stuck next to a super-hot boiler. He's even less so when it starts to overheat...

Broke for dinner at 6:30. Made yummy black bean dip with tri-colored organic tortilla chips while continuing with Sailor Moon. Ami and Usagi head to a shrine to investigate mysterious disappearances that have happened on a certain bus line in "The Cursed Bus: Enter Mars, the Guardian of Fire." They encounter hot-tempered psychic shrine maiden Rei Hino, who doesn't appreciate people pestering her and her grandfather. Luna wonders if strong-willed Rei is the Moon Princess she's looking for.

Switched to Lego Star Wars after dinner. Finished out Attack of the Clones tonight. At least two rounds here are super-short. "Jedi Arena" is Mace Windu rescuing Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Padme, and it's neither that difficult, nor requires a lot of pieces to get True Jedi. "Droid Factory" is more complicated, but I did manage to get half the pieces and True Jedi. I'm normally terrible at the flying rounds, and while I did find all but one piece in "Gunship Calvary," I bumped into too many walls to get True Jedi. Didn't get much of anything during the boss battle with Count Dooku.

Ended my night with the supremely strange family musical The 5,000 Fingers of Dr. T. I go into more detail on the only live-action musical written by Dr. Seuss at my Musical Dreams Movie Reviews blog.

The 5,000 Fingers of Dr. T

No comments: