Monday, April 08, 2019

Spring Heat Wave

I didn't feel well when I woke up this morning. I had a terrible sinus headache and my throat was dry. My temperature was only slightly above normal, though, and my stomach felt well enough to have a normal breakfast. I figured it was either a cold, or my allergies were really kicking in.

It didn't help that it was hot as heck in my apartment when I got up this morning. I opened the windows as soon as I could. I was too warm, even with just the comforter and flannel sheet on this morning. I figured it was finally time to put the heavy blankets away, toss the flannel sheets in the laundry basket, and pull out the pale blue and tan spring sheets.

Watched Yogi the Easter Bear as I worked. Yogi's not "smarter than the average bear" when he eats all the candy intended for Jellystone's Easter Jamboree. He and Boo Boo head into the mountains to find the Easter Bunny to make more...only to discover that he's been kidnapped by a pair of very strange villains who are obsessed with plastic and want to replace the Bunny's real eggs with their plastic ones.

Moved on to It's the Easter Beagle, Charlie Brown as I changed and got ready for work. Peppermint Patty wants to teach Marcie how to color eggs, but she keeps doing everything but hard-boiling them. Snoopy wants to find Woodstock a new bird's nest. Sally wants new spring shoes. Don't bother with the fuss, says Linus. The Easter Beagle will do that. Sally's skeptical after the non-arrival of the Great Pumpkin at Halloween. Lucy would rather color and find her own eggs.

Work was surprisingly busy for a gorgeous Monday afternoon. I'm guessing everyone wanted the last of the four-day sales. I did manage to shelve some candy when I arrived, but I was mostly outside with the carts. It was probably just as well. Today was gorgeous, windy, on-and-off sunny, and maybe a little too warm for April, probably in the upper 70's, lower 80's.

Grabbed sugar and sinus medicine after work and headed straight home. I tried to write, but I was too tired and ended up taking a nap instead. I did manage to get in that Harris notices three of the Empire's cars chasing him. He has his own share of gadgets to use to get rid of pursuers...

Broke for dinner at 7. Had leftovers while watching another episode of Smallville. "Pariah" ended up being kind of sad. Everyone thinks Allison attacked Lana and Jason, but she really had nothing to do with it. Even Clark thinks so...and regrets it when he finds Allison dead and almost kills the real murderer.

Played some more Kirby's Epic Yarn after dinner. I generally did better on the second half of Treat Land than the first. Melody Town is really fun. You jump on drums, run across pianos, and swing on harps that produce musical notes with beads on them. Squashini isn't that hard of a villain, once you figure out the patterns on his slot machine. The only place I really had problems was Dark Manor; there was one object I just couldn't find. I'll go back to that one later. Tried a few hide-and-seek rounds back at Quilty Square and went into the first round of the next world, Water Land.

Finished the night with more Smallville. Metropolis University wants to "Recruit" Clark for their football team, and even send their best player, Geoff Johns, to show him the ropes. Meanwhile, Lois is under fire when she's accused of killing a football player. Clark and Chloe know she's innocent...and the real killer is someone much closer than they expect.

No comments: