Saturday, October 24, 2020

It's a Busy Day, Charlie Brown

Began an early morning with breakfast and It's Magic, Charlie Brown. After reading a book of magic tricks, Snoopy puts on his own magic show. It doesn't go very well until Snoopy turns Charlie Brown invisible. Trouble is, he can't change him back right away. Chuck laments his fate...until he realizes Lucy can't yank the football away if she can't see him coming...

Went straight to work as soon as the cartoon ended. Work wasn't bad when I got in, but it picked up around 9:30-10 and stayed that way for the rest of the morning. We're short on help, too. Someone called out; one of the teenagers quit. We had lines that were as long as they're currently allowed to get all afternoon. Thankfully, it slowed down enough by 2 for me to leave without a relief. 

Went straight home. Changed, rounded up laundry and things I wanted to wash, grabbed a snack, and went back out. I'm not going to have the time to get my laundry done until next Friday! It was today, or wait a week. The laundromat was busy when I got in. By the time I returned from WaWa with a banana smoothie, it slowed down considerable. I still opted to stay away from people and work on my story notes outside, ignoring the gloomy dark afternoon and heavy winds.

Put my clothes away when I got home, then went into writing. Dick Martin invites Richard Dawson to the party he's holding with his wife Dolly, but Richard claims he's too busy with Family Feud to accept. Gene's still fuming and Charles tries to talk some sense into him, but Richard ignores both as he leaves.

Broke for dinner at 6:30. Had leftovers and made pumpkin-chocolate chip muffins while watching The Halloween Tree. Four kids dressed as a mummy, a witch, a monster, and a skeleton for trick-or-treat follows what they believe to be their close friend to a spooky old house in the woods. There, they find a wrinkled old man (voice of Leonard Nimoy) who leads them to a gnarled tree filled with jack o'lanterns in the back. When Pip steals a pumpkin that looks like him, the gentleman takes the kids on a trip through 4,000 years of Halloween history to get it back, and teaches them the significance of their costumes in the process.

Based after a book by and narrated by Ray Bradbury, this is a unique look into a holiday whose customs and history aren't explored nearly as often as they could be. I really need to look up Bradbury's original book, too.

Went into Z.O.M.B.I.E.S 2 after a shower. I discuss the further adventures of the zombies and cheerleaders from Seabrook High at my Musical Dreams Movie Reviews blog. 

Musicals On TV - Z.O.M.B.I.E.S 2

Finished the night at Buzzr. They honored Tom Kennedy with a marathon of two shows he hosted, Password Plus and Body Language, and one he appeared on as a panelist, To Tell the Truth. The only episodes that were new to me were from Password Plus. For some reason, they're stuck on the Allen Ludden episodes from 1979. Too bad. Kennedy did just as well hosting the show, including on a hilarious all-celebrity week from 1980 that featured Judy Norton-Taylor of The Waltons, Greg Morris of Vega$, Nancy Walker, and Jim Perry (who was hosting Card Sharks at that point). 

In the first episode, after Jim claimed the Pyrenees Mountains were in Afghanistan, we see Tom with an encyclopedia after the Alphabetics round. Turns out the Pyrenees aren't in Afghanistan or in South America, like Tom thought. They're in Europe. An annoyed Jim came right out, grabbed the book, and threw it offstage! It was by far the funniest moment of any of the episodes tonight. 

(Oh, and speaking of Password, my Christmas gift for Mom I ordered from eBay showed up today as well.)

No comments: