Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Well, Did You Evah?

Began a slightly cloudy morning with a quick breakfast and Body Language. Jill Whelan of The Love Boat and Tim Topper of Growing Pains were the celebrities playing Teen Month this week. Topper's partner looked more like he was in junior high! At any rate, the girls were out-guessing the boys 450 to nothing when I finished eating. 

Worked on writing for an hour or so after breakfast. Gene and Bill free Charles, but things aren't going as well elsewhere. Goodson's men attack Jack Narz and Tom Kennedy, and the others are overwhelmed. Gene jumps in...but they'll be getting help shortly from a very different source...

Broke quickly at quarter after 11 to get ready for work. I now believe all the trouble with Uber on Sunday stemmed from a combination of Valentine's Day and the ice storm the day before. I had no trouble getting a ride to or from work today. My ride to work took three minutes getting here. My ride home took a lot longer, but I actually got it with no trouble.

Work wasn't much of a problem when I got there, either. I did end up in a register for an hour, dealing with a few annoying customers. Two morning cashiers called out. After I got out, I did carts and rounded up the outside trash and recycling for the rest of the day. We weren't busy later and I had plenty of help outside. It was warm this afternoon, but clouds moved in around 3 and the wind started howling. At least there was a glorious pink and molten gold sunset later.

Watched Sale of the Century while having dessert. It was another really close game. Everyone won something on the Fame Game. The one guy bought a trip to Las Vegas and won the 16,000 Instant Cash pot, but the champ pulled ahead in the Speed Round. She still had trouble with the Bonus Round money, though.

Finished the night watching High Society on TCM's on demand website after a shower. I go further into this musical romantic comedy featuring Grace Kelly, Frank Sinatra, and Bing Crosby at my Musical Dreams Movie Reviews blog.

No comments: