Thursday, April 07, 2022

April Showers and More

Started off a quiet morning with breakfast and checking the weather. It was pouring when I got up, but by the time I was eating, the rain had slowed down. I did hear it was supposed to storm later in the day, so I called for Uber. The driver came in about 11 minutes; I arrived just in time.

I was supposed to be bagging today, but one morning cashier left early due to stomach trouble, and the other called out. I ended up cashiering. It wasn't that bad in the morning and early afternoon. I shelved candy between customers. It didn't pick up until nearly 2 PM...and as usual, we didn't have nearly enough help to deal with them all. The line was still long when I left. I had no relief and barely got out on time.

No luck with Uber, either. Had to wait 20 minutes for one. It was rush hour by the time I finished, not to mention the heavy rain started again. At least the driver was quick once he did arrive and got me home in no time.

Watched Whew! while I changed and had a snack. Elaine Joyce is a great Password player, but she's not so hot at figuring out bloopers. She got to the Gauntlet once and didn't win. Sal Viscuso kept getting his players ahead of her. At least her husband Bobby Van turned up early in the show to cheer her on. 

Worked on writing for a while after the show ended. Brett finally finds the others at a strange shop run by a sheep who can knit with fourteen needles at once. Brett reaches for items, only to find that the shelf is bare, or they've gone to the ceiling! The others are more interested in the sheep and her constant knitting. She's going to help them jump...or float...to the next square and find out what happened to the White King and Queen...if Brett will row them there...

Broke for dinner at 6:30. Made myself a taco salad instead of a traditional taco - spring mix with lettuce shreds, tomatoes, cucumbers, taco meat, and a bit of cheddar cheese. Not bad, if I do say so myself. At the very least, better for me than most traditional tacos would be. 

Took dinner upstairs for Match Game PM. This one started off with Brett encouraging Marcia Wallace's interest in a handsome single contestant. The guy just didn't seem to know what to do with them later, tentatively hugging Marcia and Brett after they give the answers for "Perk __" and "__ Cellar" in the Audience Match. 

Finished the night after a shower with Fashions of 1934 at HBO Max. I go further into this strange semi-musical with one very elaborate Busby Berkeley number at my Musical Dreams Movie Reviews blog. 


(Incidentally, it's continued to rain off and on, sometimes heavily, for the rest of the night.)

No comments: