Saturday, October 22, 2022

An Animated Weekend

Got a quick start today with breakfast, feeding kittens for a friend, and Charlie & Lola. "What Can I Wear for Halloween?" Lola asks. The kids are all supposed to dress up for the school Halloween party, but she has no idea what to go as. Morton's accident with their huge pumpkin finally gives her an idea. 

Hurried out after Charlie & Lola ended. I was later than planned again. At least it was another gorgeous day for rushing, blue and gold and warmer than even yesterday, probably in the upper 60's-lower 70's.

Work continues to be a pain in the rear. I ended up in a register the entire day. Had some really annoying customers, too. One woman dropped piles of meat on the counter, then wondered why it didn't come to under $150. She would have been lucky if it didn't come to over $500! The head bagger got upset when she had to put it all back, too. She had other things to do. Had a hard time explaining our rewards system to some people, too. Thank heavens they were able to pull a teen from the deli to take my long line when I finished. 

Not happy with my schedule this week, either. Three four hour days in a row and two days off would be great if I didn't have to work two 8 hour days, and if they weren't all late and on the busy Halloween weekend. I wish I could get some actual respect. I've been with this company for 20 years, and they can't even let me work consistent hours. 

Did a little shopping after work. There's a great sale on Acme microwave popcorn this week; thought I'd try kettle corn. I won't make it to the farm market this week or next week, so I grabbed apples and oranges on sale, too. Also found a sale on Fiber One bars where you buy two, you get them for $2.50 each. 

Hurried home after I bought everything to feed the kittens, feed myself, and watch Match Game PM. Came into the first episode in time for the Audience Match...and got to see Charles strip off his jacket and hat to illustrate his answer in the Head-to-Head! Ate popcorn while Gene scolded Sarah Kennedy for leaving his microphone on the floor in the second.

Finished the night online with more wacky horror animation. I watched Scooby Doo! Stage Fright at Amazon Prime. I go further into this Scooby Doo spoof of American Idol and The Phantom of the Opera at my Musical Dreams Movie Reviews blog. 


The Tiny Toons have an even spookier time in the third season of Tiny Toon Adventures. Elmyra spoofs Elvira and her old creature features with "The Horror of Slumber Party Mountain." Babs, Fifi, and Shirley are looking forward to a relaxing girl's weekend. It turns out to be anything but quiet when first their boyfriends play tricks on them, and then they're all pursued by the ghost of cobbled-together legendary local monster One Eyed Jack. 

1 comment:

Linda said...

For heaven's sake, if there are so many questions about the instructions to the points system, why don't they PRINT THEM OUT and have it mounted at each of the registers, rather than wasting the cashiers' time having to spell it out?