Friday, October 07, 2022

I am Absolutely and Very Worn Out

Began the morning with breakfast and Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood. "Daniel Listens to Dad" when they go to Music Man Stan's so Dan Sr. can have his trumpet cleaned. "Daniel and Katerina Listen" to each other after Dan suggests they put on a play together.

Worked on writing for a while. Started Acting Blank. Gene Rayburn just showed up at the beginning of a syndicated episode in 1981 wearing a white wig; as Brett joked, it made him look like his character Old Man Perriwinkle. McLean Stevenson grumbles after the show ends that he needs to use the bathroom; so does Edie McClurg. Sharon Farrell just wants to freshen up, and Charles and Brett go off in search of alcoholic liquid refreshment. Gene wants to talk to Bill Cullen about appearing with him on the stage. Gene's looking forward to it; Bill's not sure.

Broke to change and head out around quarter after 12. In addition to dropping a bag of clothes into the donations drop between the Acme building and the shopping center, I wanted T-Mobile to finally switch my phone number to my own line. Which...they didn't do. Jessa apparently still hasn't fixed everything on her side, though she claimed she did. I'll have to call her again.

Haggling with them made me nearly late for work. Work was a royal pain in the rear. They'd send me in for someone's break, then have me shelve candy, only to pull me to take someone's lunch, then would have me do returns...only to pull me to take another break. I wish they'd figure out what I am. Am I a bagger, or a cashier? I can't do both. 

Went straight into writing again when I got home, then had dinner while watching the tail end of Let's Make a Deal. I saw this one when the show ran during July. No one got the Big Deal of the Day, but I don't think the military couple minded having kitchen appliances; and the lady in the plastic crown didn't complain about her sports package she could give to her husband.

Did Match Game '77 while eating dinner. Sweet Tom Smothers and smart soap star Meg Bennett joined in here. Meg's really good at this - she matched almost every time. I'm surprised she didn't come back. They helped the others try to figure out "Ali __" in the first episode and "Havana __" in the second.

Finished the night online after a shower with Charlie & Lola. "I Do Not Ever, Never Want My Wobbly Tooth to Fall Out" says a terrified Lola when Charlie and his buddy Marv tell her horror stories about when their teeth were loose. She changes her tune after Charlie explains about the tooth fairy, but gets upset when she loses her tooth. Charlie helps her explain what happened to the tooth fairy.

No comments: