Tuesday, February 07, 2023

While Strolling Through the Park

Wanted to start the morning with breakfast and Mickey and the Roadster Racers, but Disney Plus still gave me trouble. I ended up watching Match Game '75 by default. Dorothy continued to win rounds, even when the panel changed and we got singer and actress Julie London, and in his first week, Lou Grant himself Ed Asner. Ed was delighted to help her get the winning answer for "__ Breath" in the Audience Match, while Richard helped the nervous Dorothy with "Nervous ___" on the Head-to-Head. Fannie got a crack at Brett when she joked about  her American flag shirt in the second episode.

After the show ended, I went for a walk. I'm tired of sitting inside. The weather wasn't spectacular, but it did look a little nicer than yesterday. It remained cloudy, but it was neither windy, nor that cold. I strolled down to Newton Lake Park for a while, admiring the bare black branches of the trees reaching for the pearly clouds and the rippling bottle-green waters, before I turned down Lees Lane and went back up the hill, past the children running around on the playground at the Clyde S. Jennings Elementary School, and across the White Horse Pike to WaWa. Grabbed a rich, tasty chocolate banana smoothie before heading home.

I updated the app and the TV itself when I got home. That did it. I had lunch while finally watching the Valentine's Day episode of Roadster Racers. Cuckoo Loca wants to take part in "The Impossible Race," a course with obstacles that are so difficult, none of the racers have ever finished it. Donald is determined to be the first, but Cuckoo Loca sets out to prove that bigger isn't always better. 

"The Happiest Helpers Cruise!" takes Minnie, Daisy, and Cuckoo Loca out to sea for Valentine's Day, as they organize a 70's-themed disco dance contest. Mr. Doozy is looking forward to dancing with a pro to win. When the pro is in an accident, she drops out, and the girls replace her with nervous first mate Emmy Lou. Emmy's never danced with anyone but a mop, but the girls remind her that you shouldn't let stage fright get in the way of doing something you love.

Spent the next few hours trying to figure out what to do next. I sent Karen a letter with the lists of what I'm good at, what I want from a new job, and what jobs I'm interested in. It's just a matter of finding jobs willing to take someone whose experience is in retail...and my dealing with the interview. I haven't had an interview since 2004. I'm not sure I how I'd handle it. I get so nervous talking to people! 

Worked on writing for a while around 5:30. Jo Ann pushes her way in, tellling Allen she just encountered the Ace and the Master Magician's henchmen and barely lived to tell the tale. Richard first tries to pull away, then teases her about seeing a shadow to divert her from the fact that he was there...and he, in fact, is the Ace who keeps rescuing her.

Broke for dinner at 7. Ate while watching Match Game Syndicated. The contestant called Patty Duke his favorite actress...prompting most of the other panelists to walk off! After they went back, Debralee Scott complained about having problems with her chair. Patty has to figure out "Can't Buy __" in the Audience Match, while Dick Martin has a rather unique answer.

Finished the night with House Party at Amazon Prime. I go further into the original wild rap shindig from 1990 at my Musical Dreams Movie Reviews blog.


(And those clouds did finally break...around 11-12 am, when I was long online.)

No comments: