Thursday, June 22, 2023

A Cold Day In June

Started off this morning with breakfast and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. "Mickey's Mousekadoer Adventure" takes him, Donald, Goofy, and Toodles inside the contraption that raises the Clubhouse and runs Toodles. They have to search the entire computer for the core, then figure out how to get the liquid light into it.

Karen picked me up a little after 10. No luck this time with finding jobs. We searched library assistant jobs. We looked for editing jobs, proofreading, copywrite. None near by, or they all wanted more experience than I have. I'm so frustrated. I thought after those jobs with them last summer, they'd figure out what I'm supposed to do and would tell me. I just don't know what I should do. I want to be a writer, but, as I've often been reminded, writing is a difficult market to break into. I'm starting to wonder what isn't a difficult market to break into. I have no idea what I want, other than a job that will get me out of the Acme and make me enough money to buy a condo or a mobile home. 

I wasn't in a good mood when I got home. Watched Private Buckaroo while I had lunch to make me feel better. I go further into this 1942 wartime vehicle for the Andrews Sisters at my Musical Dreams Movie Reviews blog.


Worked on writing for a little bit after that. Although Richard Dawson already has a dog, he claims he'll help take care of it until they can find a proper home for the little fellow. Ira is still annoyed that the dog ate his lunch and insists it's not trained and doesn't belong in a TV studio.

Headed out around 2. I really wish I hadn't. Work was a pain in the rear again today. There were a lot of people with cards that wouldn't work or who didn't have the money for large orders. My last order was a huge one...paid for with a government card that didn't take everything they thought it would off. They took so long, I finally just turned them over to my relief and a manager and was almost late getting out.

(At least it didn't rain today. It was cloudy and unusually cool for June, but not rainy. Looks like it hasn't rained since last night. It's supposed to rain more over the weekend and into next week, though.)

Had dinner while watching Match Game '79. I don't know why they skipped the next episode, but for some reason, Buzzr went into the next week with Susan Richardson, Richard Deacon, and Robert Pine. While Fannie Flagg jokes about why she forgot she was supposed to be on the show the previous week, Deacon wondered where his lights (and hair) went.

Finished the night back on Tubi with more of The New Scooby Doo Movies. Wacky Jonathan Winters was a perfect guest for this show, and probably one of the only characters to be even more cowardly than Shaggy and Scooby. He's trying to visit his old friend Maudie Frickart on her farm. She wants to start a chain of fried chicken franchises, but loses her bank loan. She's hoping to find her husband's lost formula to make chickens grow to enormous size. Mystery Inc finds itself caught up in "The Frickard Fracas" when they drive Winters to her farm and end up chasing around an animated scarecrow and two musicians with questionable motives. 

No comments: