Thursday, June 01, 2023

June Is Busting Out All Over

Started off the morning in a rush. I thought I had job counseling this morning. I waited outside for nearly a half-hour and she never arrived. Never heard from her by texting, either.  I ended up going inside for a while and watching Charlie & Lola. Lola tells Charlie "I am Collecting a Collection" after she sees her brother get excited over dinosaur toys that come out of cereal boxes. Lola doesn't know what she wants to collect, until she finds the one big toy Charlie wants for his collection...

Made my way out around 10 after 11. Arrived at 3D Physical Therapy with barely five minutes to spare. I'm still working on my balance, and my hips can get sore after prolonged use, too. Plus, there's that sore toe. I balanced on a board again and did a lot of stretching exercises, including pulling my ankle up to my knee.

I forgot a few things when I was out yesterday, so I stopped by Family Dollar on the way home. Grabbed a yellow bottle of Tide, a box of trash bags, and a Coke Zero. Thankfully, the line wasn't long at all, despite it being the lunch hour, and the girl behind the counter was sweet.

Had lunch while watching Classic Concentration. This part of Buzzr's "National Game Show Day" that they've been hyping for weeks. The contestants kept winning prize after prize on the main puzzles, but had a harder time matching car models. It took the guy two tries to get it. 

Had regular counseling with Mrs. Stahl at 2. At least that went well. On one hand, things aren't going that badly. I had one of my most enjoyable vacations with Lauren ever, I managed to get out of jury duty, and the weather has been perfect lately. On the other hand, I still feel like every time I take one step forward in finding a job, I end up taking ten steps backwards. I wish we could do something concrete that would actually work out. It's the same old story. I get ideas, I think I know what I want, but I'm not sure, it doesn't end up happening, and I'm stuck again. 

I'm tired of being stuck. I want to know exactly what I want. I'm supposed to know. I'm an adult. Rose has scolded me for years about not knowing what I want, about not having a plan for my life and my future. I know I want something to do with books and writing, and I want a home of my own. I just don't know how to get there, or what to do with it.

Messed around online for a half-hour after counseling, then took down the spring decorations and put up my patriotic items and my summer things. I know summer isn't for another three weeks, but it got into the mid-80's today. That's summer enough. I put out my stuffed flamingos, small sunflower vine wreath, and beaded angelfish to hang on my closet door. Set America Cares Bear on a shelf, and the USA folk art letters on the same top shelf as the big wooden key holder and my schedule. The two big American flags are held up by the collectible bears, and the Uncle Sam cardboard container is on the table. 

Watched The Chocolate Soldier while I worked. I go further into this operetta vehicle for Nelson Eddy and Met soprano Rise Stevens based after the hit 1924 play The Guardsman at my Musical Dreams Movie Reviews blog. 


Returned to messing around online until dinner. Put on Bugs Bunny's Busting Out All Over while I ate. Chuck Jones animated this special with three original shorts hosted by Bugs. The first has a mild late spring-early summer theme, as a young Bugs dodges young Elmer's pop gun on the first day of summer vacation. The second takes Bugs up to Mars, where Marvin the Martian wants him to be the pet to Hugo the Abominable Snowman. Bugs thinks there's someone who would make a better friend for Hugo.  The third is basic Wile E. Coyote-Road Runner shenanigans with a twist ending that sees Wile E. finally getting what he wants...in a really big way. 

Spent the rest of the night watching more of Buzzr's National Game Show Day marathon revolving around big winners. While the lady on Classic Concentration won just as much as the guy earlier in the day did, she never did manage to match the cars. A young man did far better on Press Your Luck, dodging the Whammies long enough to amass over $58,000 in prizes and becoming the second-biggest winner on the show.  

No comments: