Monday, October 19, 2009

Beautiful Days of Autumn

After a long, dreary weekend of nor'easters, I was thrilled to awaken to a gorgeous, sunny late-morning. It was the perfect fall morning, 55 degrees and only a little breezy. I had Life cereal for breakfast/brunch, then went over to Uncle Ken's. Dad's still in Florida, but Uncle Ken and Dolores were there, babysitting her tiny toddler granddaughter May. I played with Dolores and May for a while. After the laundry was out of the washer, I tossed it in the dryer and went for a walk.

Went for a walk to WaWa for milk. It was a wonderful day for it. This must be Mother Nature's way of making up for the lousy weather this weekend. The leaves here are just starting to turn colors, beautiful shades of gold, yellow, red, rust, and brown. Sunlight filtered through the trees on my porch, making the whole world glitter like a fairy's magic wand.

Had a quick yogurt/granola/apple lunch after I got home, then went back to Uncle Ken's for my laundry. After I finished putting that away, I spent the rest of the afternoon doing stuff around the house I'd been meaning to do, both outside and in. I cut up an old t-shirt I've had since high school for dust rags. I picked up sticks in the side and front yards for Miss Ellie. I swept my porch. I made pumpkin-chocolate chip muffins.

The Acme called me while I was making braised cubed steaks for dinner. Did I want to work 9AM to 1PM tomorrow. No problem! I was going to volunteer at the library and continue to work on the yard tomorrow. I'll do the library on Thursday, and I can still get lots of raking in.

No comments: