Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Washing the Dirt Away

Not for the first time this year, I awoke to pouring rain. I read and wrote in my journal in bed for a little while, then had breakfast and watched a few horror-oriented action TV show episodes from DVDs. "Seance of Terror," from the second season of Wonder Woman, involved the First Superheroine aiding a child with telekinetic powers who is being used by his guardians to con a group of diplomats. "The Beast in Black," from The Greatest American Hero's second season, pits super suit-wearing Ralph Hinkley against a beast from another dimension and the ghost of a crooked real estate developer who has possessed the body of his FBI agent partner.

Cleaned the bathroom between episodes. The bathroom was awful. There was this black gunk in the sink (is it from my mouthwash?), and the tub was really scummy. I did some good scrubbing in there today while listening to my generic "Halloween Party Music" cassette that features so-so covers of spooky songs and the soundtrack to Ghostbusters I found at a yard sale a few weeks ago.

It stopped raining long enough for me to run to WaWa for milk. It wasn't even windy or cold, just damp. I don't think the trees are as spectacular as last year, but they are finally starting to look pretty here, their leaves fading to shades of red, gold, rust, and orange.

Of course, the rain waited until I got home and was getting ready for work to start again. I didn't have the time to call for a ride, so I just rode my bike to work. It wasn't raining too hard. I got a little wet, but I wasn't soaked.

Work was surprisingly busy for a Tuesday with some very lousy weather. Other than my break was late, I got in and out on time and there were no real problems.

Finally got a hold of Mom when I got home, put the unbleached and whole wheat flour and cans of low-fat and low-salt condensed cream of chicken and mushroom soups away, and got out of the shower. She was fine. Sore from stocking shelves at Michael's all day, but otherwise fine. They don't have four or five stock boys running around who do that stuff.

No comments: