Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Indian Summer

The temperatures soared into the lower 70s today. It was great weather to finish the raking. I started with as much of the patch of yard next to Miss Ellie's car as I could get in. There's a lot of brush around that area that I just can't penetrate with a rake. I then did the side path, which was bad but not very long. It never takes me more than an hour to do both.

I didn't really do much for the rest of the day. I made scrambled eggs with farm market Colby cheese and vegetables for lunch. I baked brownies. I tried to go online, but it's running really slow, for some odd reason. I must have pushed a weird button or something. The light on the modem is blinking the way it should be, but it keeps taking forever.

I wish I wasn't so lazy. I get so distracted when I go online! Half the time, I don't get to the things I'm supposed to do, like job research and e-mailing every job I can, because I'm too busy looking up other, non-job-related stuff and reading silly junk. I wish I were smarter. Then I'd be able to focus and find a real job.

Work was boring. Steady all night, no major problems. Cleared out after the big Phillies game started. (And no wonder - at press time, the bottom of the 6th inning, the Phillies are up 6-3 over the LA Dodgers. If the Phils win, they're heading to the World Series for the second time in the row.)

1 comment:

Linda said...

"Lazy" does NOT equal "stupid." Distractable does not equal stupid, either. Let's face it, job searching is not the most interesting thing in the world, and it's SCARY. You need to sit down and say you are just going to job search. Try setting a timer. You will job search for an hour. If you see something not related to the job search that you'd like to check out later, bookmark it. When the alarm rings, you are free to surf for...set another alarm. Fifteen minutes. Then decide to go back to the job search or not.

Do you have an unemployment office near you? How about job searching there? I think their computers are set only for job searches. This way you will have to focus.